周末一笑: Who's Afraid Now?(ZT)

来源: 南山松 2016-11-11 17:23:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6341 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 南山松 ] 在 2016-11-11 17:28:31 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

1 是谁害怕?/Who's Afraid Now?

A neighbor told us about a trip he took with his two-and-a-half-year-old son. It was the first time the father and the boy had been away by themselves.

The first night they spent in a hotel, the father moved his bed close to the boy's and when they were both tucked in, he turned out the light. After a few minutes, a little voice said, "It surely is dark, isn't it?" "Yes," said the father, "it's pretty dark, but everything is all right." There was silence for a few more minutes, and then a small hand reached over and took the father's hand, "I'll just hold your hand," said the little boy, "in case you get frightened."

一位邻居告诉我们,他曾带着两岁半的儿子旅行。这是父亲头一次带着儿子单独出门。

他们住在旅馆的第一个晚上,父亲将自己的床移近儿子的床。他们掖好被子后他就关了灯。几分钟之后,一个细小的声音说:“屋子里真够黑的,是不是?”“是的,”父亲说,“屋里是够黑的,但是一切都正常。”又安静了几分钟后,一只小手伸过来握住父亲的手。“我握住你的手,”小男孩说,“免得你害怕。”

2 我不想走回家/I Don’t Want to Walk Home  

Tom is a very old man. After dinner, he likes walking in the street. And he goes to bed at seven o’clock.   

But tonight, a car stopped at his house. A policeman helps him get out. He tells Tom’s wife, “The old man couldn’t find his way in the street. He asked me to take him in the car.”  

After the policeman leaves, his wife asks, “Tom, you go to the street every night. But tonight you can’t find the way, what’s the matter?”  

The old man smiles like a child and says, “I couldn’t find my way? I didn’t want to walk home.”  

汤姆是一位很老的人,他喜欢在晚饭后到大街上散步,在7点回来睡觉。  

但是,今天晚上一辆小汽车停在他家门前,汤姆在一位警察的帮助下走下汽车。警察告诉汤姆的妻子:“这位老人在街上迷路了,他让我用汽车送他回来。” 

警察走后他的妻子问:“汤姆,你每天都到那条街上散步,但是今天你找不到路了,你怎么了?”

这位老人像孩子般的笑道:“我找不到路了?我是不想走路回家。”

3 那不是我的狗/That Is Not My Dog

A woman walks into a pet shop and sees a cute little dog. She asks the shopkeeper, “Does your dog bite?”  

The shopkeeper says, “No, my dog does not bite.” 

The woman tries to pet the dog and the dog bites her. 

“Ouch!” She says, “I thought you said your dog does not bite!” The shopkeeper replies, “That is not my dog!”  

一个妇人走进一家宠物店,看见一只很可爱的小狗。她问店主:“你的狗咬人吗?” 

店主说:“不,我的狗不咬人。”  

于是这个妇人试着抚摸小狗,可是小狗却咬了她。

“哎哟!”妇人说,“我想你刚才还说你的狗不咬人。” 店主人回答说:“那不是我的狗。”

4 谁把墨水倒在我椅子了?/Who Pours Ink on My Chair?    

Donny is a seven-year-old boy. He goes to school every day. The school is near his home. So he goes there on foot and comes back home on time. But today, he is late. His mother asks him, “Why do you go to the headmaster’s office?”    

“Because the teacher asks us a question in class and nobody can answer it, but I can.”

“It’s good to answer the teacher’s question.”

“But the question is ‘Who pours ink on my chair?’”  

唐尼是个7岁孩子,每天他都上学。学校在他的家附近。因此他步行去上学并按时回家。但是今天他回来迟了。他的母亲问他:“你为什么去校长的办公室?”

“因为老师在上课时老师问我们一个问题,没有人能回答他,而我能。”

“回答老师的问题是好事。”

“但那个问题是‘谁把墨水倒在我的椅子上了?’”

5 飞机螺旋桨的用处/The Purpose of the Propeller

A: "What's the purpose of the propeller?"

B: "To keep the pilot cool. If you don't think so, just stop it and watch him sweat!"

A:飞机的螺旋桨有什么用?

B:为了保持飞行员凉爽。不信的话,只要停止螺旋桨转动看看飞行员会不会满头大汗。

6  我会把您背下去/I'll Carry You Down

My 15-year-old son came bounding in from school and found me in bed. "Don't you feel well, Mom?" he asked with concern. "No, I don't," I said. "Well, don't you worry about dinner," he reassured me. "I'll carry you down to the stove."

我十五岁的儿子连跑带颠地跑回家里发现我躺在床上。“妈妈,您觉得不舒服吗?”他关心地问。“是的,我有点不舒服,”我说。“那么,您别担心晚饭了。”他向我打保票说:“我可以把你背到楼下的炉灶前去。”

所有跟帖: 

What is their common trait? -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (80 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 09:07:35

The answer is in your book? 走马读人,have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 14:46:08

yes, i'm bold in this matter -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 16:31:59

:) -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:22:57

又见周末笑话。谢谢松松分享。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 15:44:45

问好井龙和,周末快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:20:47

Oh, that little boy was so sweet and smart. -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (62 bytes) () 11/12/2016 postreply 21:28:59

Yes, he is smart and sweet. 祤湫霖,have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2016 postreply 07:22:15

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]