Hilary Hahn again, anther 100th anniversary celebration

来源: 井龙和 2015-11-20 11:27:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2015 bytes)

Last night we were at the Music Center at Strathmore again, after a short one month and nine days. The memories of 15 year old Jackie Evancho's vocal concert were still fresh.  This time 35 year old Baltimore native Hilary Hahn was there to perform Dvorak's violin concerto with the Baltimore Symphony which is celebrating its 100th anniversary. About 20 years ago I saw/listened to Hilary Hahn in a concert for the first time. She was a young 15 year old rising star then. She performed Mendelssohn's violin concerto with the Pittsburg Symphony which was turning 100 years old that year. It was an interesting combination of beauty and age, youthful energy/enthusiasm and experience/maturity. Now 20 years later, in another 100th anniversary celebration of a great symphony orchestra, she was just as energetic, but with deeper passion and more expansive music interpretations.  The performance was superb, and I think that I will remember it for years to come, just as I have remembered the one 20 years ago. However I am not so sure about it because I don't remember much of her solo performance I went to just a few years ago.  I can recall that my eye sight was so poor that her figure on the stage looked very blurry.  I asked my youngest daughter (then 15 years old) who was with me at the concert repeatedly "can you really see the movements of her fingers?", and every time she answered simply "yes, very clearly".  Maybe I should stop worrying about how much I will remember last night's concert in the future. We had a great time. That's good enough.

Old YouTube

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for sharing, have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2015 postreply 18:17:51

谢谢松松。感恩节快乐。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2015 postreply 06:19:32

Glad to know that you had a great time. Happy Thanksgiving. -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2015 postreply 19:11:44

谢谢斓婷。美妙的音乐总是让人快乐。Happy Thanksgiving! -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2015 postreply 06:22:18

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]