太过瘾了!Cho-Liang Lin plays Tchaikovsky

来源: 井龙和 2015-09-20 12:28:37 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3540 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 井龙和 ] 在 2015-09-20 16:39:01 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

On Thursday I got a forwarded email from my wife, saying that Cho-Liang Lin was coming to town to perform Tchaikovsky’s violin concerto with a local orchestra in a local church Friday night and the concert would be free. "Would you like to go", she asked. What? A free concert with a world renowned violin virtuoso, free parking, and "feel free to donate"? I would not miss such opportunity for anything. I don't consider myself a Cho-Liang Lin fan. I don't get crazy about him; I don't follow his news and performance schedules. But many years ago I did read something about how people raised money for him to buy his 1715 "Titian" Stradivarius. I bought a couple of his CDs. I had gone to his performances in concerts a few times. I still remember vividly how I felt listening to him playing the same Tchaikovsky violin concerto with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center more than 20 years ago. Some of the melodies still resonate in my brain sometimes. Brilliant techniques and exquisite expression, those were my main impressions of him.

Friday evening came. My wife and I got to the church early and beat the crowd to get to choose seats front and center. I am so glad we did. The event drew a huge crowd. The concert opened with Shostakovich's Festive Overture, which we had heard less than 2 weeks ago in another concert. Of course I didn't mind listening to this beautiful piece again, except that the music got too loud on a few occasions because of the proximity of our seats. Then it was Cho-Liang Lin time. Sitting less than 20 feet from him at the same level created a unique, chamber music kind of atmosphere. I could see every detail of his movements and the slightest change of his facial expressions, and feel his emotions directly. I didn't make any effort to try to understand what he was doing, why and how. The music flowed from his figures, from the strings of his violin, and my heart just followed. For a moment I felt there was just me in a beautiful dream. But my "dream" ended abruptly when the applause erupted around me at the end of the first movement. Many of the music enthusiasts in the audience couldn't hide their excitement and decided to give Lin an early standing ovation. I never knew there were so many Cho-Liang Lin fans in our area. Lin was a little surprised by the disruption at first, but quickly expressed his appreciation. The rest of his performance was just as beautiful. The second movement had never sounded so deep to me before. The time elapsed way too quickly. No one wanted the music to end, but it ended anyway. The loud applause lasted quite a few minutes. When Cho-Liang Lin comes again to perform, I will definitely go again.

Have pictures have truth.

It happened to be the birthday of the president of the orchestra. The sponsorship of his family foundation made this concert possible.

所有跟帖: 

Nice! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/20/2015 postreply 18:31:08

谢谢松松赏光鼓励。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2015 postreply 16:31:40

图文并茂,身临其境,写得好极了! -cobraa- 给 cobraa 发送悄悄话 cobraa 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/21/2015 postreply 19:55:59

Thank you for your taking your time to read it and your nice enc -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/22/2015 postreply 05:43:16

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]