Bothered by parent issues too. Need help.

来源: 2005-12-07 08:26:41 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
The only thing that I remember is that my dad bought something very "expensive" in 1983. He was an engineer and moonlighted for a big project. They paid him about RMB 300-400. He bought a brand-new auto washing machine for my mom because he thought it was hard to wash sheets and quits for my mom. Remember that's early 80s when most of families in China did not have washer.

Today, this old washer is still working, side by side with a new one my brother bought for them.

Acutally whenever I think of my parents, I feel so sorry that they've endured so many hardship but have fights ALL the time, even when they have a better life now.

Last year, I came back and told my mom angrily that I wish them to divorce because I don't think they are compitable persons. I told my dad that he and my mom made me realize that I shouldn't be hesitant to end a marriage if I am not happy and NEVER blame for the children (he said he didn't want to divorce because we were young).

Were I too bad to say this to my parents? I am in tears everytime I think I can't live with them and make a better life for them; I am the harmonizer of the family issues, but I am tired of this role.