Money isn’t every thing.

来源: ZoyaWashington 2012-01-18 23:15:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1988 bytes)

I think the main reason many Taiwanese reject PRC is fear and distrust. Indeed China is now the 2nd largest economy in the world, but money and economic growth isn't everything. On one hand, China is producing millionaires and billionaires at an astonishing rate, on the other, majority of the Chinese are still struggling for food and shelter. Why can’t China spend money to help those people and increase their wages and benefit? Why can’t China spend money to build more schools and hospitals, and make them affordable to the mass? The most obvious reason: keeping majority of Chinese poor is the best way to keep the labor cost dirt cheap, thus fuel the economic growth. Essentially, Chinese are sacrificing the weak, the less able, the less educated, the less fortunate for “the chosen”, the elites, and the lucky ones. Once Taiwanese realized that this is how Chinese are treating Chinese, do you still expect them wanting to be Chinese?

As a person, you win others respect through your character and actions, not your money. The same thing can be said for a nation. If Chinese government can show the world that it cares about its people, I think you will see a very different response from Taiwanese in general.

My 2 cents. Cheers.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”