My grandpa was among the students in the foot march

来源: elfie 2023-08-05 17:14:28 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1500 bytes)

We have the pictures taken from their long trip to Kunming. The famous professor Mr. Wen, who was assasinated later in 1948, was on the pictures too, marching with the students and staff through the mountains and valleys. My grandpa was a civil engineer. He was a senior at the Tsinghua University on that year when the war broke out, at around 23 years old. Those pictures were very small, only a few inches long, apparently developed from the negatives and not being expanded. I don't know wether they're still there because the owner was long gone. Of course almost everyone shown on the pictures had passed away long ago. I think he got married a few years later and had a child born in Yibin, Szechuan on 1941. The child was my aunt. I remember he often got the mails from the alumni association with some magazines inside but never talked about this experience. The books laid on his desk all the time. The old school intellectuals like him were just so taciturn about their lives in the past due to the political repression. It's like they were silenced by the communist party's reign premanently through the many crackdowns and movements. The less you talked and kept your mouth shut, the safer you were. I never heard the old man uttering a word about himself. But the stacks of tiny pictures shot decades ago and carefully preserved tell stories. It's like his soul was folded up and kept inside there, however difficult the times were.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”