正文

制药行业的清规戒律

(2023-02-23 02:25:36) 下一个

前几天问了ChatGPT一个问题:  In the biological medicine development, what is the successful rate during clinical trial phase I, phase II and phase III.

机器人回答说

The success rates of drugs in clinical trials vary depending on many factors, including the type of disease being targeted, the mechanism of action of the drug, and the stage of development. Here are some rough estimates of the average success rates for drugs at each stage of clinical development:

• Phase I: The primary goal of Phase I clinical trials is to determine the safety and tolerability of a new drug. Success rates in Phase I are generally low, as many drugs are found to have toxic effects or unacceptable side effects during this stage. On average, only about 70% of drugs that enter Phase I trials proceed to Phase II.

• Phase II: The primary goal of Phase II clinical trials is to evaluate the efficacy and side effects of a drug in a small group of patients with the target disease. Success rates in Phase II are higher than in Phase I, but still relatively low. On average, only about 33% of drugs that enter Phase II trials proceed to Phase III.

• Phase III: The primary goal of Phase III clinical trials is to further evaluate the efficacy and safety of a drug in a large patient population. The results of Phase III trials are often used to determine whether a drug should be approved for marketing by regulatory agencies such as the FDA. Success rates in Phase III are higher than in the previous phases, but still relatively low. On average, only about 25-30% of drugs that enter Phase III trials are ultimately approved for marketing.

It is important to note that these are rough estimates and the actual success rates can vary widely depending on the specific circumstances of each drug and trial. Additionally, success rates can be influenced by factors such as the quality of the trial design, the size of the patient population, and the patient population's demographic characteristics.

如果这个数据可信,那么100个生物药剂候选者里只有大约7个可以最终被患者使用。

我以前在市政、石油、食品行业干过16年,近5年来才进入制药行业,一直还没有完全适应制药行业的清规戒律。不是这些清规戒律不重要,是更多时候这些规定被不当使用或过度使用,造成大量人员浪费,并没有带来对质量的保护和提高。比如,制药行业圣经GMP要求所有数据都是可追述的,因此很多不在线仪表(有时甚至在线仪表)的读数除了电子备份以外还需要人工再登记在纸上,登录完还需要签名标注日期,然后再让复核人复核并签名注日期。每生产一批药,要填写签录的纸张可以有1米高。这些纸张还需要质控人员复查。在众多的人工复制数据过程中,会出现很多人为差错,甚至质检员的差错。还有时,一些仪表的数据的电子备份是不可编辑格式的,所以没法用这些数据观测预计趋势。

制药行业,特别是研发阶段,工作人员很多都是博士甚至博士后学位。但是在实验室做具体工作或生产阶段在生产线的工人却背景各色各样,像我们公司的生产线有曾经是监狱看守的、饭馆厨师的、或是幼儿园阿姨的。我还不完全明白为什么生产线上会有这么多没有特殊职业训练的操作员,我猜测可能有这么几种:

- 工作环境: 制药生产线都有严格的清洁要求,近生产区要穿特别的连体工作服,戴发套、护目镜、手套。男士不刮胡子的话要戴胡子套,女士不能化妆、涂指甲油。这身装扮一穿就几个小时。至于平时在办公室可以在网上浏览、打个私人电话、喝个咖啡吃点零食的情况就更不能了。

- 工作程序: 生产的时候要严格按照生产流程说明做,基本没有任何动脑子的地方。但是有需要特别认真,上面说了,生产的时候要记录很多数据,由于特别繁琐,很容易让人犯错。所以不用动脑子又得特别专注,其实挺不容易的。还有就是生产流程说明说得细的地方极其的细致,但是也很很多地方说得特别含混不清,在特别生产区其他人不能随便进入的时候,或是求助其他部门,又都是博士博士后说得天马行空的时候, 生产员是很无助的。

- 三班倒: 不是所有制药厂或生产线都是三班倒,但即使不是,工作时间也都会比较特殊而且很不灵活。早班的6点就开始了一直到下午,晚班的下午开始9点多才能走,夜班的得熬夜了。

所以很多经过技术工训练的人 不会愿意去做这样的工作,不过工资应该是不低的。

这几天,我在调查一个事故,是生产线上一个关键成套设备由于有仪表电气故障进入暂停状态,但是暂停状态造成了成套设备上的进料泵下游出现超高压状态并导致管道接口渗漏。我认为超高压和渗漏是需要重点关注和避免的问题,而负责这套设备的人却认超高压和渗漏是正常现象,只要把仪表电气故障排除了就成了。这个负责人倒还是有硕士学历的,就是刚毕业3个月,却对自己的判断信心十足。想想有时因为有备份的数据人工再抄写出错,复查再出错,要兴师动众地检查和纠正,再对比一个关键设备出现渗漏却被认为正常,这实在有点没逻辑啊。

这种各种操作中和人员素质上巨大的差距经常我大跌眼镜,实在很难理解和适应。

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (1)
评论
shine21 回复 悄悄话 nice
登录后才可评论.