马虎活得糊糊涂涂,糊涂做事马马虎虎

难得糊涂。望能帮助大家解答投资理财的问题。使大家在投资理财的过程中, 不马马虎虎以及不糊糊涂涂被人忽悠, 尽快实现财务自由。
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
正文

十年祭!2008年9月13日那个周末,你在哪里?

(2018-09-16 08:13:07) 下一个

On Friday September 12th 2008, I got a call that I need to go to the office at 8am on Saturday September 13th.   What my team needs to do was to get all Lehman Brothers deals with my firm and run the risk reports with the market up and down scenarios.  We finished the reports around noon and turned them to the control team to decide whether the reports were good or not.  We then went to the dining hall to get a lunch.  After lunch, we got the word that the reports were good and we could go home.  Before leaving the office, I went to use the washroom.  In the washroom, I saw another director, we had a small chat.  He had told me that he just finished a conference call, and he was asked to look at Merrill Lynch deals with our firm.

On the following Monday September 15th, we had all heard that Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy.  Thinking back the conversation in the washroom, that was the moment when Lehman Brothers fate was almost doomed since my firm was one of two companies were looking at taking over Lehman Brothers.

September 15th, 2008 was the day that the great recession started.  Where were you on that Monday?  How are you doing today 10 years later?

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (1)
评论
螺丝螺帽 回复 悄悄话 2008年, 我在一个高科技公司上班, 2018年, 还是在那个公司上班, 没啥区别。
登录后才可评论.