Day One Thinker 天一思客

Thoughts spark like shooting stars, so I catch them and share.
思绪似流星闪烁,定要追来分享.
正文

转折之旅

(2018-12-08 14:42:11) 下一个

Not long ago, I had a 3-week trip visiting 17 cities in 4 countries. There were a few purposes of this trip. At the end, mission was accomplished. I considered this trip a significant milestone after I reached the mid-age.

Despite of excitement, there were all types of challenges in those 3 weeks. Away from home, my meal plans had to be adjusted. Very often I was unable to eat on time, and some time the food was out of choice. Moreover, the bed and pillow were different day by day. Actually there was one night with no bed nor pillow on the 16-hour flight. Aside from these, the weather varies from place to place, and the temperature ranged from 12 to 33 degree. The people in contact are also vastly different in the language they speak, and also in the experiences, personalities and values and ethics that they hold. In addition to all these changes, almost in everyday, I was on the road catching a flight or a train; otherwise I was busy planning for the next commute. It was stressful.

On this trip, I visited dozens of family members living in various cities; also I met friends whom I grew up with and whom I met for the first time. There were countless hours we spent on topics including health, parenting and retirement. Among those discussions, there were memories recalled about my childhood, and also memories of my deceased family members. In the inner world, I travelled between toddler and senior age, and also from love, to death and to the meaning of life. It was overwhelming.

Although it is very challenging, I made it. When I had low energy, I tried to rest whenever and whereever. I made myself as comfortable as if I were at home. I settled down right in that place and right in that moment. When there were incidents, I managed to lead them to positive endings. Of course, there were intense feelings of frustration, anger and helpless; nevertheless they were monitored and released in the shortest period of time. I collected and saved sweet memories. I enjoyed each and every moment to the maximum possibility.

To my delight, I was strong enough, both physically and mentally, going through this trip. Life is just another format of a long trip. If can remain ease on the road, I can make the life journey more enjoyable. The strength demonstrated on this trip assured me that I have reached it - the milestone and turning point of life. I was assured that I am ready and capable to apperciate any trips, any encounters in the rest of this life. No matter where I will be, and no matter what will be happening, I will settle down in any moments and at any places with great gratitude; I will put a big smile lighted with true happiness and warmness from within.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
博主已隐藏评论
博主已关闭评论