Day One Thinker 天一思客

Thoughts spark like shooting stars, so I catch them and share.
思绪似流星闪烁,定要追来分享.
正文

孩子,妈妈只能旁观加油

(2018-10-28 15:38:04) 下一个

I watched the talent show at my daughter’s school. It was great!

I was influenced by their energy and fun. I was touched by their strong spirit and their hard work to grow up.

The show was organized by grade 11 and 12 students and there were only two teachers onsite to support. Two MCs were not only young and energetic but also fun and engaging. There were over twenty performances including songs and dances. A few  shows were close to the professional level.

I was impressed by the confidence in some performers and I also felt the struggle in other participants. Some teens have found who they are and what they are good at; some are still figuring out their strength and weakness and they appeared a bit shy when on the stage. Without any exception, the results are always better for people who really enjoy what they do. Audience gave loud cheers to performers who were shining on the stage.

Every teen has tried their very best on the stage. Watching them made me in tears. Good job everyone! Be strong, be shiny; try harder and enjoy growing up. I thought about the call I received from my daughter’s teacher. She informed me of an incident at school. During a debate on animals’ rights, my daughter defended animals' rights shouting and breaking down in tears. She was asked to take a walk to calm down and she never returned till the end of this class. When school was finished, my daughter returned home. I prepared to give her a big hug and hold her when she cries. She appeared normal. I asked a few questions and she applied calmly. I tried to figure out whether she is holding everything to herself, or she has already gone through it by herself, or she is not ready to talk about it. I could not help imaging her leaving the classroom in tears, walking around by herself. It hurts. She pretended nothing has happened and she kept herself busy with all types of activities. I decided not to ask but to trust her ability to deal with her feelings and manage the relationship with her teacher and the class.

Growing up rarely can be painless. To know yourself, to be yourself, to become the better self. There is no shortcuts for any step nor for anyone. Teenage years are not always sunny and sweet; they are not full of fun and laughter. There will be tears, struggle and hard work, no matter it is on the stage of a show, or in the middle of a group presentation or in the everyday school life. So be strong! Cheers to my child and to all the teens!

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
博主已隐藏评论
博主已关闭评论