历史性的胜利:周五,叙利亚民主军正式宣布解放伊斯兰国首都达卡,美国祝贺胜利!

来源: austraveller 2017-10-20 08:53:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7372 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ austraveller ] 在 2017-10-20 08:59:59 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

http://ijr.com/2017/10/1002011-syrian-democratic-forces-announce-historic-victory-isis-raqqa/

Syrian Democratic Forces Announce 'Historic Victory' Over ISIS in Raqqa

On Friday, United States-backed forces in Syria announced that ISIS suffered a “brutal” loss in the city of Raqqa which enjoyed “total liberation” after more than three years under terrorist rule.

Talal Silo, the spokesman for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), said at a ceremony on Friday that civilian leaders would control the city as the SDF defended it from future attacks. “The future of Raqqa will be decided by its people,” Silo said, according to CNN.

In statements released on Friday, both the State Department and Operation Inherent Resolve, a coalition established by the Defense Department to defeat ISIS, applauded the SDFs victory:

Operation Inherent Resolve releases statement saying US-backed Syrian force have declared victory over ISIS in Raqqa *****AcWPTxqFn0pic.twitter.com/ruTBLvxnJX

— ABC News (@ABC) October 20, 2017

JUST IN: Sec. of State Tillerson: “We congratulate the Syrian people and the Syrian Democratic Forces...on the liberation of Raqqa.” pic.twitter.com/6X5eBHiZMv

— ABC News (@ABC) October 20, 2017

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that while the battle against ISIS wasn't over, SDF's victory marked the beginning of a “new phase” in the Syrian conflict. Trump, Tillerson said, deserved credit for ISIS's defeat in the city.

“In January, ISIS was actively plotting terrorist attacks against our allies and our homeland in Raqqa. Nine short months later, it is out of ISIS's control due to critical decisions President Trump made to accelerate the campaigns,” Tillerson said.

Tillerson's comments appeared to mirror what President Donald Trump said just days earlier regarding his attempts to defeat ISIS. Just after the SDF said on Tuesday Raqqa was free of armed clashes, Trump indicated he was responsible for ISIS's continuing defeat in the region.

When asked by radio host Chris Plante why the U.S. recently saw ISIS “giving up,” as Trump phrased it, Trump, according to Politico, attributed their defeat to him being president. “Because you didn’t have Trump as your president. I mean, it was a big difference. I mean, there’s a big, big difference if you look at the military now,” Trump said.

“I totally changed rules of engagement. I totally changed our military. I totally changed the attitudes of the military and they have done a fantastic job,” Trump also said.

所有跟帖: 

好,ISIS大势已去,不过,ISIS的主要领导呢?怎么没抓住几个啊? -NEWHNAD- 给 NEWHNAD 发送悄悄话 NEWHNAD 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 08:56:09

找不到了 -austraveller- 给 austraveller 发送悄悄话 austraveller 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 08:57:02

有点奇怪,不过也有可能已经摇身一变,成自由军的小头目了,背后大老板都差不多 -NEWHNAD- 给 NEWHNAD 发送悄悄话 NEWHNAD 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 09:00:03

都说过了,ISIS军队改名为 叙利亚民主军了 -winneriam- 给 winneriam 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 10:06:34

早就化整为零了还等攻陷么? -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 20:54:58

IS对外说要"回到游击战的基础上" -青松站- 给 青松站 发送悄悄话 青松站 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 10:50:44

好消息。 -gapac- 给 gapac 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2017 postreply 10:26:38

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]