An unpopular view, for you to condemn.

来源: hammerheadshark 2013-11-01 23:16:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2415 bytes)
I lost any interest in writing anything lately until the so-called partition against ABC that was alleged of “purposefully humiliating Chinese” and this movement is growing so disproportionately, practically silencing all other voices from Chinese communities. But I feel a need to say something about this folly and give you something to think or to condemn.
Yes, the 6-year-old said something inappropriate, but I don’t think Jimmy did something outrageous, nor do I feel offended. It is a talk show and that is what he does for a living. You might want to argue that he dares not joke about black, Jews etc. That is not true. People can tolerate anything in a talk show because they don’t need to take it seriously – something called humor. You may spin any way you want on the meaning of his “it is an interesting idea”, it is just inconceivable for me to think that he would reprimand the little boy by saying “you are fundamentally wrong” – something Jimmy was charged of failing to do, but something quite absurd in a talk show. “It is an interesting idea” is quite vague, but it does not in any way sound he approved the little boy’s blurt. It is a polite way to disagree, something your boss most likely to say to you when he/she actually thinks you suck.
I am not afraid of a six-year-old, but sometimes, I do fear a Chinese mob, who keep hijacking my “Chinese image” again and again.  Since when, Chinese community becomes such a whining and *****ing bore? So sensitive and paranoid? The words are used in the protest including “Nazi Germany”, “genocide”, “Martin Luther King” etc,etc, Give me a break! If this community wants to be respected, you’ve got to have to earn it, not demand it.
Yes, you won, against a six-year-old, for something he said in a talk show. For a community, in which your rarely hear “I am sorry”, “excuse me”, it is equally rare to hear “tolerance”, “forgiving”.
Go on, claim your next “victory”. Very pathetic.

所有跟帖: 

Can't disagree more -jinniwind- 给 jinniwind 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 00:56:44

回复:Can't disagree more -jinniwind- 给 jinniwind 发送悄悄话 (3363 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 02:07:22

回复:回复:Can't disagree more -jinniwind- 给 jinniwind 发送悄悄话 (533 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 02:17:29

Qualified to be a genercide? -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (30 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 09:24:09

You don't need repeat those points -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (1055 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 09:45:12

You have freedom of speech, not necessarily freedom after speech -annexguy- 给 annexguy 发送悄悄话 annexguy 的博客首页 (4086 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 09:42:27

回复:An unpopular view, for you to condemn. -偶灯斯陋- 给 偶灯斯陋 发送悄悄话 偶灯斯陋 的博客首页 (1374 bytes) () 11/03/2013 postreply 02:35:24

Again, use your time on someone who actully kills -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2013 postreply 15:56:03

How I use my time 回复:Again, use your time on someone who actully -偶灯斯陋- 给 偶灯斯陋 发送悄悄话 偶灯斯陋 的博客首页 (262 bytes) () 11/04/2013 postreply 20:43:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”