Selective mutism outside of school activity:Christmas Shopping

来源: 聪明的艾米 2018-03-21 21:25:35 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3237 bytes)

It was the time of the year; it was Christmas! Amy was very excited because Christmas is a  jolly time to celebrate with friends and family. For weeks, she was waiting to go to different stores and buy presents for her friends and family. She loved choosing presents that are special to each person. This coming weekend, there would be a county fair in community gym, local stores would set up stands and sell the best Christmas gifts in town. It was a perfect place to shop for Christmas gift. Amy had a long list, “A gift for mama, a gift for papa, of course a gift for my dear brother …” Amy read her list in the head when she entered the community gym where was packed with people.. “But most urgently, a gift for Sophia”. She was invited to a secret santa party tonight, she needs to buy a small present for Sophia. The moment she walked in the gym, her eyes were caught by  a beautiful snow globe on the shelf. There was something very interesting about it. Inside the snow globe, there was a colorful little town and each building was the size of a dime. In the middle of the town, a large santa stood over the town, significantly larger than the surrounding buildings. Suddenly, a voice approached behind her. “Do you want to buy the snow globe?” A store salesman stood behind her with a smile. Amy smiled back. She knew her friend would love this snow globe because of its bright colors and intricate details. This was it! “Sure,” Amy responded.“How much does it cost?” “9.99 plus tax” the salesman said. “Yes, please wrap it for me, it is for my best friend Sophia.” “Sure, I will.” Salesman carefully wrapped it with tissues and put it into a gift bag. “Here you go young lady! Merry Christmas!” “Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too” Amy was so happy that her first gift shopping went so pleasant.  She couldn't wait to see her friend’s reaction when she receives the snow globe! “Now let’s shop for the next!”

Tips: in loud and crowded environment, Amy can learn to communicate in an unfamiliar environment in order to accomplish her shopping.

更多我的博客文章>>>

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!