车祸以后, 向保险公司提出修车的问题

来源: 2019-01-04 14:28:39 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

大家好, 

我先生不久前, 被一辆撞红灯的老妇牵连了车祸, 对方负全责, 我先生的车被保险公司评估后, 做了BODY WORK的 repair,但是我先生当时觉得车被撞得很厉害,  希望车可以报销掉,他说怕是把 FRAME给 撞坏掉,  结果保险公司的评估结果出来后, 只需要做BODYWORK的修复。 哪知道BODYWORK修完后, 不久车就有了TRANSMISSION漏油的毛病。 在事故前, 我们的车从来就没有出现过漏油的问题, 是2012 年的 Chevy Cruze.  车被送去修了以后, 取回来不久, 就有了这个漏油的新问题, 电池在取车后的第二天就死掉了, 我和我先生都认为这后继出现的问题跟车祸有直接的关系。 我们的车很年轻, 买的时候是新车2012 年的车, 不到六岁。 也按时保养了。 

我先生三天前给我们自己的保险公司发了邮件 ( 具体邮件内容请见这个贴子的末尾), 没有收到任何回复, 所以今天早上他又给我们自己保险公司的agent 发了邮件, 到目前为止, 我们还是没有收到自己保险公司的任何回复,包括那位agent的回复。  目前, 我们自己掏钱租车,因为不愿意对已经漏油的车产生一步的损坏,我和我先生的问题是: 

1)我们是否应该把车送出去做一个第三方的独立有效的评估, 看看评估人员可否做出漏油和车祸有直接联系的鉴定?

2)我们和肇事司机都是买的全保险, 目前我们自己的保险公司对我先生的诉求还没有任何回复,  我建议我先生在下周一给我们自己的保险公司直接打电话,进行追问。  我个人觉得, 我先生不可以联系肇事者的保险公司, 而是应该先和我们自己的保险公司先沟通好。 请问, 我这个想法对吗? 另外, 我们自己的保险公司应该不会一直都不回复我先生的诉求吧?

请问坛子里, 是否有网友跟我们有类似的经历, 并乐意分享你们处理的经历。 先谢谢大家出主意。 我先生的诉求的具体内容在此: “XXXX” 部为我隐去的我们的保险公司的名字, 我们的 CASE Number, 以及我先生的名字。

欢迎大家提出任何建议,so I can help my husband  effectivley pursue his claim request.   谢谢大家!  顺祝大家周末愉快! 

苏梅

Dear XXXX Claims Team,

I am writing you with regards to the Claim no: XXXXXXX

After picking up my car from Premier Automotive on November 8, 2018, one of your Select Service Repair Facilities, I noticed several additional issues with my car. 

The day after I picked up my car (November 8, 2018), the car battery completely failed and needed to be replaced.  Importantly, I also started to notice a bad smell from the heating/cooling system after the body work had been completed. Because the smell got worse, I sent my car to a local car mechanic on December 26th, 2018 to have it checked. I was told that there are several serious oil leaks, with oil dripping onto the exhaust, and that the transmission is leaking fluid.  

My car is only 5 years old and has been well maintained. Prior to the accident, my car did not have any such issue.  I am therefore convinced that these additional issues are the result of the accident. I am asking you what is the procedure for me to claim the cost of the repair of these accident-related issues? Right now, I am renting a car from Enterprise for the safety reason.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

XXXX