搜了一下貌似应该是按照报税方式的total income, 不是个人的total income

来源: 2023-07-12 13:55:10 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

#2. Put down exactly what the sponsor reported in taxes last year. 

The I-864 in Part 6, line 13a-c, asks for the sponsor’s “total income…as reported on my federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years.” This is where you need to take the income reported on line 22 of last year’s 1040 and put that figure in line 13a. Don’t worry that this figure may be joint income and much higher than what was reported on line 5.  It is just being used as a benchmark.  A lot of practitioners over-think this question and try to indicate only what the sponsor earned last year.  The NVC will return the I-864 if the reported income on the tax return is different from what is indicated in line 13a.  If the sponsor needs the income of the spouse to satisfy the 125 percent of poverty requirement, then the spouse will complete an I-864A and will include his or her income on Part 6, line 6c. If the sponsor is self-employed, do not use gross income that is reported in Schedule C.  Instead, use the adjusted gross income reported in line 22 of the 1040, after all deductions have been made.