来源: 863211 2023-05-29 20:22:36 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4981 bytes)

1)儿子的女朋友今年刚大学毕业 找到了工作 拿到了工卡 但公司不支持办理绿卡 所以她有三年的时间用工卡工作

2)所以他们想尽快结婚 我儿子帮她办理身份

3)我儿子现在是绿卡身份 

请问:

1)绿卡身份申请配偶 排期是否遥遥无期?

-Not really. It has been extremely short in 排期 on F2A category (your son's case) for several years already. In most cases, the sponsor can I-130 and the beneficiary can file I-485 concurrently, e.g., in May 2023.

2)最简单最快捷最省钱的方法是不是我儿子先考公民 再提出申请?

-Not have to. Your son can file I-130 to sponsor his spouse after he gets married. Then, check whether the priority date is current. If yes, then his spouse can file I-485 together. If not current, then just wait. Check this link for I-485 filing chart every month to see when the I-485 can be filed:

Adjustment of Status Filing Charts from the Visa Bulletin | USCIS

If your son becomes a US citizen later, he can request USCIS to change his I-130 category from F2A to the Immediate Relatives of a US cirizen and his spouse can file I-485 at the same time immediately after he becomes a US citizen if his spouse has no file I-485 yet.

So, the best/fast way is that your son files I-130 immediately after he gets married. See above explanation.

3)拿到公民纸马上提出申请 排期需要多久呢?

-No 排期 in this case.

三年的期限是否来得及?-Fine. 

4)这期间是否要有共同账户...等来证明婚姻关系属实?-Yes.

5)是否需要律师比较保险?

-The function of a lawyer is to help you to do the paperwork and file the application to USCIS, nothing else, and that means the lawyer cannot help you to get the green card quickly. If you know how to prepare the document and file the application, you do not need a lawyer.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you so very much ! You are the best ! -westandingup- 给 westandingup 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/29/2023 postreply 22:39:56

8老师 麻烦再问一下 -westandingup- 给 westandingup 发送悄悄话 (309 bytes) () 05/29/2023 postreply 22:50:06

I-485 pending期间可以一直合法留在美国,并可以免费申请和不断更新EAD和AP -newacct- 给 newacct 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/29/2023 postreply 23:09:09

谢谢回复 -westandingup- 给 westandingup 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/30/2023 postreply 08:19:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”