可以试试闯关,问题是怎么到美国海关

来源: newacct 2023-04-24 23:15:25 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2276 bytes)
回答: 请教8老师:绿卡离境超过三年回美rainb2023-04-23 05:18:39

如果可以到加拿大或墨西哥,可以从陆地进入美国。如果只能飞去美国,很有可能航空公司会拒绝登机。理论上美国政府是允许航空公司给有过期的十年绿卡的人登机的。看CBP carrier information guide,第28页:

“Cards with expired I-551s may be boarded without penalty if the card was issued with a 10-year expiration date.”

还有这个提示

“LPRs with an expired I-551 may be boarded without penalty, provided the card was issued with a 10-year expiration date.”

但是航空公司还是可以决定拒绝你登机的(美国政府没有规定他们一定好让你登机)。

在其他情况下,航空公司拒绝过期绿卡登机的情况下可以向美国使馆递交I-131A来拿可以让航空公司让你登机的文件;但是这个只能在离境一年以下的情况下申请,所以帮不到你。看I-131A页,打开Special Instructions:

“Although regulations generally require an LPR to travel with a valid Green Card, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) policy allows a transportation carrier bound for the United States to let you board without carrier documentation if you are:

• An LPR with an expired Green Card that was issued with a 10-year expiration date, and you have been outside the United States for less than 1 year;

Check with your airline or transportation carrier before you file Form I-131A. In some situations, they may refuse to let you board even if you are in one of the categories above. In that case, you will need to file Form I-131A.”

除了这个之外唯一其他的办法就是半SB-1签证,但是拿到的机率很低。所以你最好还是先看看能不能找到航空公司是愿意让你登机的。如果不能,看看可不可以办签证到加拿大或墨西哥,从那里陆地进入美国。

所有跟帖: 

持有过期绿卡能去加拿大吗? -rainb- 给 rainb 发送悄悄话 (240 bytes) () 04/29/2023 postreply 04:37:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”