来源: 863211 2018-01-07 12:40:33 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2525 bytes)
回答: 8 laoshi: my 485 application and upcoming travelPostmodern2018-01-07 10:44:46

8 laoshi, Thanks for your explanation. Sorry about the confusion with my H1b RFE questions.

My next question is:

If I have to get out of the US for visa stamping,  would it be okay if I go to Canada for visa stamping?
-I am not sure whether the US Consulate in Canada will accept your visa application there (you had better contact the US Consulate there before you go). Also, if they deny your visa applicaiton, you cannot return to US from there, and you have to go back to China from Canada to get the H-1 visa. 

Or better go back to China? 
-That is a safe way.

And again, would my travel affect my 485?
-Should not. 

They anticipate me travelling for the visa stamp in mid February. My attorneys are preparing for my 485 forms now. They may submit 485 end of January or early February. 
-Then, you had better apply for the EAD and AP at the same time (it is free, anyway), just In case there is something wrong in your H-1. AP or EAD does not affect your H-1 status if you do not use EAD to work.

From what I read in Pijiang's posts, it seems I should be OK to leave the country after submitting 485 under the condition that I don't submit 131 for AP together with 485.  Is that right?  So can I just submit 131 after I come back with the valid H1 visa?

Thanks a lot for your consistant help!

所有跟帖: 

Thank you! -Postmodern- 给 Postmodern 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/07/2018 postreply 14:15:11

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!