来源: 863211 2017-07-28 17:39:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1942 bytes)
回答: 请问8老师请帮忙2017-07-28 16:18:15

8老师,

上次问道关于用新护照出境然后拿新I-94的事。

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/immigration/605610.html

但是今天刚刚失去工作,是H1B的签证。公司给了30天的UNPAID LEAVE(就是8月份是UNPAID LEAVE), 然后说H1B有60天的Grace period.

现在需要着手找工作,有几个问题请问一下:

1. 我可不可以在拿到新护照大概2周后, 在UNPAID LEAVE期间马上出境一次拿到新的I-94?
-It is extremely risky because technically you have been out of status from the day you lost your job. I does not suggest you to travel. If you leave US, probably will not be allowed to enter US using the H-1 visa. Your I-94 still has several months to go, so just find a job as soon as possible. If you cannot fine the job within the grace period of 60 days, you need to file change of status application within the grace period (e.g. B-2 or  F-1).

2. 我在UNPAID LEAVE 后,9月份是开始GRACE PERIOD, 我要如何申请GRACE PERIOD?向USCIS申请吗?
-Your grace period starts from the date you were laid off. Your employer will report it to USCIS and ask USCIS to cancel the H-1 petition. When you find a job and do H-1 transfer, you will be asked to provide the paycheck stubs of your latest 3 months. So, if you cannot provide the paycheck stub of August, then USCIS will also know your laid off was in July. The unpaid leave seems not work in this case. Of course, if you cannot find a job before your current I-94 expires after the grace period, it still be good because you can go to China to get the H-1 visa to come back to work for the new employer.

谢谢

所有跟帖: 

谢谢8老师这么快的回复。 -请帮忙- 给 请帮忙 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2017 postreply 19:02:11

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]