纠结中, 还到底要不要给孩子file N600 呀? 呼唤8老师和有经验的各位!

来源: 豆丁娘 2016-11-16 08:31:18 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5884 bytes)

从官方网站上找到如下信息, 貌似就不需要给孩子file N600了, 但是又说以下这些情况下会和你要公民纸,请大家给出出主意吧, 谢谢。

• Social Security benefits
  • State issued ID including a Driver’s License or Learning Permit
  • Financial Aid
  • Employment
  • Passport Renewal

How do I get proof of my U.S. citizenship?

I was born overseas. After I was born, my parent(s) became naturalized U.S. citizens. Could I have derived U.S. citizenship? 

If one of your parents naturalized after February 27, 2001, and you were a permanent resident and under 18 years old at the time, then you may have automatically acquired U.S. citizenship. Before that date, you may have automatically acquired U.S. citizenship if you were a permanent resident and under 18 years old when both parents naturalized, or if you had only one parent when that parent naturalized. 
However, if your parent(s) naturalized after you were 18, then you will need to apply for naturalization on your own after you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years. 

How do I apply to have my citizenship recognized? You have two options: 
• You can apply to the U.S. Department of State for a U.S. passport. A passport is evidence of citizenship and also serves as a travel document if you need to travel. For information about applying for a U.S. passport, see the U.S. Department of State Web site at www.state.gov
• If you are already in the United States, you also have the option of applying to USCIS using Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship. However, you may find applying for a passport to be more convenient because it also serves as a travel document and could be a faster process. 

I already have a U.S. passport issued by the Department of State.  Am I required to file a Form N-600 for a Certificate of Citizenship? 

No.  You are not required to file a Form N-600 for a Certificate of Citizenship.  The Certificate of Citizenship is an optional form.  A validly issued U.S. passport generally serves as evidence of your U.S. citizenship during its period of validity unless that passport has been revoked by the Department of State.  However, you may be required to submit your Certificate of Citizenship when attempting to apply for certain other benefits, including, but not limited to:

• Social Security benefits
  • State issued ID including a Driver’s License or Learning Permit
  • Financial Aid
  • Employment
  • Passport Renewal
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标