来源: 863211 2015-05-18 20:32:58 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2156 bytes)
回答: Reply teacher 8Allensung2015-05-18 20:16:03
i filed my I-485 based on my I-130 and the status online I saw from USCIS said they will make decision or update my case on Mid July. My L1 is valid when I filed my I-485 and it's going to expired very soon, the end of this month. I still have a valid B1 though.
Can I legally stay in U.S. Using my B1 and wait until I get my final decision of my I-485?

L1 expiration date: end of May
I-485 filing date: mid April
I-130 PD: current, got approval
B1 expiration date: May 2016.
-When did you get the B-1 status, before/after I-485 filing? How did you get the B-1 status, status change from L-1 within US? If you got the B-1 visa outside US after I-485 filing and used it to enter US, then your I-485 will be denied.

I got my B-1 before I got L-1 and it's valid till May of 2016. I entered U.S using L-1 but not B-1 last time.
-Then, your status has been L-1, not B-1 since you entered US using L-1 visa. But you can still legally stay in US after L-1 status expired. 

i filed EAD concurrently with my I-485 and will do my finger print this week.

can I work legally in U.S.
-Yes if you use EAD.

When I get my EAD based on my I-485?

Can I stay in U.S. using my B1 even my L1 expired?
-Yes even if you don't have a status. Pending I-485 will allow you to stay in US legally.

I just filed my I-485, haven't reach 180 days yet. Can I still stay in U.S using this application?
-Yes. But you can not work until you have the EAD if L-1 expires.

Will failure of maintaining my L-1 affect my approval of EAD and my Green Card?

-No.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”