I140可以在境外批准吗?申请人在中国

来源: 2014-12-08 11:20:39 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
请问8老师和各位大虾,

我老公最近两年被派到在国内工作,工资依旧在美国公司拿。公司为他申请绿卡EB2. 今年5月 PERM批准后,公司11月给他递交了140 。但是老公直到明年4月才完成国内的项目,全职回到美国工作。在交140 时候,律师说程序交给上海处理,他这样在邮件中解释的:

you might notice that I changed back the request to process this I-140 in China, rather than here in the U.S. I did this for a couple of reasons. First, it’s going to be many years before we are able to file the next step (I-485) to adjust your status. Currently they are processing December 2009 and your priority date is January 2014. So, it’s going to be awhile, unless something happens to surprise us (which might happen – or it might not). You might be in the U.S. at the time, which is good, then I’ll get an email from USCIS and we can notify the US embassy in Shanghai that you’re living in the U.S. and we’re going to adjust here. Very easy process. If, however, you are in China (or somewhere else, but not in the U.S.) when your number comes up, and we had chosen to process here in the U.S., then we’d have to file paperwork with the government, which costs money, and wait 3-5 months for USCIS to notify the embassy in whatever country you’re living at the time to process your paperwork. Avoidable headaches. So, I chose to notify Shanghai when your number comes up, which could be years from now, and if you’re here in the U.S. we’ll easily be able to switch it back and file the paperwork here.

我们好像还没有听说这样的事情。而且,我在移民局的网站上查询是,发现处理中心是NSC,不是上海哦。请问

1。 律师这样的处理是对的吗?
2。 上海处理140的时间是否更长?

谢谢