一整天翘首以盼回复,谢谢8老师

来源: dahuaxiyou 2014-08-24 21:38:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2613 bytes)
回答: Reply8632112014-08-24 19:46:20
首先按您的回复,正好去扫盲了一下public charge。

我想进一步问,您如何看待这样的解决办法。
Try my previous postdoc supervisors to see whether they can offer me a temporary postdoc position again. In this case, must I work for the new position for sometime? Or I can get the offer letter, then decide not to go there later. Will it be a problem? Can this job be a part time one? Can I work remotely for this role?
用中文问就是,找原来的老板帮忙出一个位置。因为现在是EAD,没有H1B的最低工资的要求,主要让老板帮忙给个位置。full time最好。如果不想/能full time,part time的job offer可不可以用对应这个RFE。得寸进尺一下,如果只要offer letter,并不去上班可不可以?主要是以前的老板都在东部,现在家小在西部,不想再搬家折腾。而且将来还是要找这边的工作的。

俺问了个律师,他是这样回答的。首先他能周末回信,俺很感谢他。但是俺觉得他的回复还不够具体。

谢谢您!

A: there is no strict regulation in these matters, therefore, it is your judgement call. However, you must have a job offer which is similar to the petition you filed.

========================================= 参 考 资 料 ===============================
Q. What is a public charge and when does it apply? (From USCIS)

A. For purposes of determining inadmissibility, “public charge” means an individual who is likely to become primarily dependent on the government for subsistence, as demonstrated by either the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance or institutionalization for long-term care at government expense.

A number of factors must be considered when making a determination that a person is likely to become a public charge.

Under Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), an individual seeking admission to the United States or seeking to adjust status to that of an individual lawfully admitted for permanent residence (green card) is inadmissible if the individual, "at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge." Public charge does not apply in naturalization proceedings. If an individual is inadmissible, admission to the United States or adjustment of status is not granted.

所有跟帖: 

Reply -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (1270 bytes) () 08/25/2014 postreply 07:06:28

thank you -dahuaxiyou- 给 dahuaxiyou 发送悄悄话 (82 bytes) () 08/25/2014 postreply 14:36:03

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!