AC21 portability rule says

来源: python2012 2014-08-22 12:22:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1755 bytes)
回答: about EB-1b greencardbabyghost2014-08-22 10:53:27

all teachers,

I submitte my greencard application (I-140 and I-485 together, EB1b, outstanding researcher, sponsored by the university. the receive date of I-485 is 02/24/2014), and received the greencard at May, It has 90 days by this time for the green card. but the the I-485 has exceed 180 days now!

so I have some questions about my green card:

1. I heard that I have to do research work for my boss, or the employer (university, actually my boss and office of university sign the I-140 on the behalf of me) for at least 180 day to the November? is this is the law?
AC21 portability rule says alien employee may change job in same or similar occupational classification after I-485 pending for 180 days.
But another immigration law says if the alien employee left within 2 years, the employee has burden to prove that he/she accepted the job in good faith 当初接受绿卡职位是诚心实意地.

2. if I will be fired by my boss (the employer is university), the employer (the university) can require or force the USCIS to cancel my greencard at this time?
通常的人不会这么做.但是如果你把人惹急了,没有人可以保证.他们可以告你欺诈绿卡.

3. if I will be laid off at this time, can I find another type of job? I really want to find different job!
和你的赞助人搞好关系,好离好散才是上策.实在不想干了,也要学会忍让与等待,毕竟只再多等待三个月.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!