终于拿到绿卡.

来源: 2008-07-08 19:50:54 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
NIW, EB2

June 14, 2002, I-140 filed at VSC
June 17, 2004, I-140 approved at VSC
September 14, 2004, I-485 filed at VSC
March 2007, I-485 transfered to TSC
July 8, 2008, I-485 approved at TSC

USCIS在我的CASE上范了三个错误. 2006年, 把我的EB2 CASE误分到EB3. 在小白兔的建议下, 给议员去信后才纠正. 光纠正这样一个错误, 前后花了半年.

USCIS吧我的PRIORITY DATE整整误推迟了两年. 同一位议员把我的PRIORITY纠正了. 前后花了三个月.

今天突然接到USCIS的电话, 打到俺手机上. 以下是电话记录:

ring...ring...

Me: Hi, How are you. this is Nicenut, speaking please?

USCIS lady: Is this Mr. Nicenut.

Me: Correct! Could you please kindly tell me Who is that?

USCIS lady: I am calling you from INS, Texas Center.

Me: You mean you call from USCIS (very surprise)? Hi, nice to hear from you! I guess you are calling me about I and my wife's pending I-485 applications.

USCIS lady: Yes, Mr. Nicenut. We are very sorry that we made a mistake in you priority date. We have corrected it back to June 14, 2002.

Me: that is fine. Thanks a lot.

USCIS lady: Are you still working in the University where you filed your case.

Me: not any more. I am working in a company named XXX now.

USCIS lady: Wow, that is a huge company. In fact, very close to our office, there are some plants belonging to your company. I pass by those plants when I drive to work everyday.

Me: I am not surprise to hear that! our company is a global company. We are ranked 68 in 2007's 500 strongest companies.

USCIS lady: Do you like to work in the company? Are you still a researcher?

Me: Surely, I love to work in my current company. I am still a researcher, senior research chemist.

USCIS lady: Excellent, I am glad to hear that. Mr. Nicenut, since your priority date has been long passed, and we did not find that any additional materials are needed for both you and your wife's cases, we decided to approve it today.

Me: Fantastic! That is the greatest news I heard in 2008. My kids were born in US. They regard US deeply as their native country.

USCIS Lady: I understand that. 2008 still has 6 months left, you do not expected anything greater than this (she spoke with joking!).

Me: Surely, I expected more. But this is the most important for our family now.

USCIS lady: Congratulations! You and your wife will receive the card in one week.

Me: thanks a lot?

hanged up!

历时六年整. 非常感谢小白兔的帮助和勉励, 特别是遇到USCIS那些愚蠢的错误时.

今天下午下班回家, CHECK电子邮件, 得到如下消息:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 8, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.