Recapture218,500绿卡名额修正案即将投票, 请立即行动!!!

来源: LIA_Publish 2008-05-18 09:16:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4310 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ LIA_Publish ] 在 2008-05-18 20:40:28 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
重量级的伊拉克补充拨款法案上周对各种与战争无关的修正案大开绿灯,一时间,各种修正案纷纷出台,都想搭上这趟快车。在微软和LIA游说势力的推动下,参议员Murray的修正案:recapture 218,500绿卡名额(for EB ONLY)于5月15日成功地赢得了参议院拨款委员会(Appropriation Committee)全体支持。下周(不推迟的话)就要在参议院进行投票。它需要3/5票(60票)通过。

为此,在Lobbyist的指导下,LIA紧急呼吁全国会员立刻行动起来,给各州参议员办会室打电话,请求支持该修正案。不仅要自己打,还要动员周围尽量多的人帮你打。电话越多、越密集,效果就越好!

行动方案:

1.形式:打电话。当面访问已经来不及,发信和传真的效果要差很多!

2.时间:周一上午开始,该修正案下周随时可能投票。十万火急!!

3.对象:你所在州的参议员在华盛顿DC的办公室 ,请注意不要打Local Office,那样会有一天的延迟。

4.电话号码:所有参议员的DC办公室都可打这个号码: 202-224-3121, 然后报上参议员姓名即会转到相应的参议员办公室。

5.参议员姓名,在www.senate.gov 右上角可以找到。每州两个参议员,都要打电话。

6.转到参议员办公室后,请要求和分管immigration 或 appropriations的legislative assistant通话。

7.通话原则:简短而彬彬有礼。准备提供你的姓名,住址以供他们核实。

8. 通话内容

a. 打给你所在州的参议员(除Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)外)用下面的样本:

"Hello, this is (your name). I live in your state, and I want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. This is my address (please be sure your address is in the Senator's state). Our state needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. I am a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, and we hope for and appreciate the Senator's support. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

b. 请尽可能地动员你的公司或美国同事/朋友打电话给参议员。他们可以用下面的样本(除Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)外):

"I am a (your state) resident, and I work as (job title, e.g. human resources director), so I KNOW that (your state) needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. So I want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigrants. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

c. 打完本周的两位参议员后,你还可以给外州的参议员打电话,特别是那些中国人少的州。请用下面的样本(不用打给Murray(WA)和Gregg(NH)):

"My name is (your name), and I am a member of a new national organization, the LEGAL Immigrant Association. We want to urge Senator (name) to support Senator Murray's amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. We believe that (the Senator’s state) needs these skilled workers to help create more jobs for Americans. As a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, we hope for and appreciate the Senator's support. Please vote to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

d. 如果是打给Senator Murray (WA)或Senator Gregg (NH),请用下面的样本:

"Hello, this is (your name). I am a member of the LEGAL Immigrant Association, and I want to thank the Senator for their amendment to the Iraq supplemental, to recapture visas for LEGAL immigration. As a resident of (WA or NH) I want you to know that we appreciate the Senator's support and we want you to know that LIA is working to keep the Murray/Gregg High Skilled Legal Immigration Amendment in the Iraq Supplemental on the Senate floor."

需要看到,即使参议院通过,该修正案还要跨越两道障碍:众议院里西裔帮的潜在阻挠和总统的veto威胁。但是,这绝对不是我们不作为的借口!该修正案是今年走得最远的合法移民法案。一旦通过,EB2/EB3的批准时间将显著缩短。就算这次没有通过,我们的行动也会为下次的冲击奠定坚实的基础。

游说公司要求我们使用"电话海战术",所以每个人都要行动起来,周一上午就拿起你的电话。此外,LIA只在18个州有分部,最多只能打给36位参议员。所以我们特别要求那些没有LIA分部的州的中国人也能主动地拿起电话。

需要帮助,请随时拨打LIA热线电话:(800)-556-7065 政府关系部(ext.1)

行动起来,我们将改变历史!LIA呼吁你的参与和支持!

所有跟帖: 

全力支持,明天一早就打电话, -美国兔子- 给 美国兔子 发送悄悄话 (65 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 10:04:05

支持! -简单爱07- 给 简单爱07 发送悄悄话 (38 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 10:28:52

请置顶! -frank6- 给 frank6 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 11:20:54

support! -balsam_pear_k- 给 balsam_pear_k 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 11:31:01

支持 -thinkinggg- 给 thinkinggg 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2008 postreply 22:36:25

Called two senators and provided zipcode 回复:Recapture218,500绿卡名额 -寒生- 给 寒生 发送悄悄话 寒生 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2008 postreply 09:37:19

回复:Recapture218,500绿卡名额修正案即将投票, 请立即行动!!! -tigerm80- 给 tigerm80 发送悄悄话 (70 bytes) () 05/19/2008 postreply 12:45:22

回复:Recapture218,500绿卡名额修正案即将投票, 请立即行动!!! -PermitParkingOnly- 给 PermitParkingOnly 发送悄悄话 PermitParkingOnly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2008 postreply 09:38:41

我们州的老肯病的快死了,他会不会去投票呢? -晓碧洋子- 给 晓碧洋子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/10/2008 postreply 07:30:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”