No Federal Tax

来源: Chenglin 2004-06-07 10:24:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (967 bytes)
I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay Ferderal Tax if you are doing research or teaching at Universities and research institute. Actually, paying tax or not doesn't depend on your visa, it only depends where you are from and your job. I asked these questions to IRS and was told that we can use the exempt even after I filed I-485 (adjustment to permanent residence). IRS sent me some sample forms on how to claim the exempt. Actually, my wife got the tax back for two straight years without any problem, even after she had the green card. That was quite a big amount for us.

Please call or e-mail IRS directly, I'm sure they will give you the best help. I suggest you ask the questions through their website, then you can keep all the records in case somebody questions you tax forms.I also have the samples and all the communtion record with IRS, they are not useful for us anymore. We would be very happy to give out if it is really helpful to somebody.

所有跟帖: 

回复:No Federal Tax -wxcwxcsg- 给 wxcwxcsg 发送悄悄话 (180 bytes) () 07/13/2004 postreply 07:13:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”