that was VO's misktake, 3 years for sure

来源: DO-PERM 2007-06-21 07:27:51 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1329 bytes)
回答: 3 yesrs with approved 140DO-PERM2007-06-21 07:07:48
If an H-1B visa holder has an approved I-140 petition AND the immigrant visa number is not available for him/her due to the visa retrogression (not eligible to file I-485 due to visa number issue), the H-1B visa holder may extend his/her H-1B on a three-year interval beyond 6-year limitation. There is no 365-day requirement for this circumstance.

For example, Mr. Wang is an engineer from China and he retained our firm for a PERM case when he only had about ten months left for his total six-year H-1B period. Our firm successfully received PERM approval within six months and filed I-140 immediately. Due to the visa retrogression to China, Mr. Wang was unable to file I-485 together. Fortunately, his I-140 was approved within three months, exactly one month before he reached six-year H-1B limitation. We also filed H-1B extension request for Mr. Wang based on the approved I-140, and received the H-1B approval for three years.

For another example, Dr. Rajeev from India filed NIW I-140 petition through our firm about six months before he reached six-year H-1B limitation. His I-140 was approved in three months. Dr. Rajeev is not eligible to file I-485 due to immigration visa number retrogression. Dr. Rajeev is eligible to extend his H-1B for three years based on his approved I-140.

所有跟帖: 

3 years for sure? -wihaha- 给 wihaha 发送悄悄话 (62 bytes) () 06/21/2007 postreply 07:38:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”