小白兔对CIR新的计分制有何心得?

来源: 万年绿 2007-05-31 18:54:17 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1562 bytes)
正在参议院辩论的CIR法案引进了类似加拿大技术移民的计分制。这一法案一旦通过成为法律,将对目前等待劳工卡,或已经拿到劳工卡但还没有file I-140的人造成严重后果。请看下列条文:

PENDING AND APPROVED PETITIONS AND APPLICATIONS. - Petitions for an employment-based visa filed for classification under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b) (as such provisions existed prior to the enactment of this section) that were filed prior to the date of the introduction of the Secure Boarders, Economical Opportunity, and Immigration Reform Act of 2007 and were pending or approved at the time of the effective date of this section, shall be treated as if such provisions remained effective and an approved petition may serve as the basis for issuance of an immigration visa. Aliens with applications for a labor certification pursuant to section 212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A)) shall preserve the immigration visa priority date accorded by the date of filing such labor certification application.

这个法案的引进日期(introduction date)是5月21日。这就是说,一旦这一法案生效,如果在5月21日还没有file I-140的话,即使拿到了劳工卡,也要参加新的计分系统,重新排队,与全世界的申请人竞争。

在这样一个背景下,如果劳工卡已经拿下,是否应该先申请premium processing I-140,然后再递交I-485?还是concurent filing of I-140 & I-485更为妥当?两者各有什么好处? 为什么我的律师告诉我"there is no advantage filing premium processing I-140”?我应该听这律师的吗?请指教!

所有跟帖: 

我的感觉,没有那么容易通过,特别是波洛西等民主党人反对 -xiaobaitu- 给 xiaobaitu 发送悄悄话 xiaobaitu 的博客首页 (34 bytes) () 05/31/2007 postreply 22:41:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”