about the letters

来源: dan712 2005-08-31 12:37:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1783 bytes)
I just drafted a couple of letters on behalf of my Chinese professors. All the other ones, were written by the professors themselves here in the States.

David Morris sent me a long list of guide including a sample petition that he thought was about my field (this occured of course, after I paid the first payment). There are a lot of sample letters inside, all kinds of letters (reference letters, job satement letter, etc.)

I gave the sample letters to my boss, he wrote his letter according to them. And then he sent out the requests to his friends (those who agreed to sponsor my GC petition), along with my CV and his reference letter.Then the other professors knew what to write.

Don't draft all the letters. That won't sound convicing enough.

The attorney did edit all the letters, added some very important sentences.

You can send out the letters at different time.
如果要求补材料,他还另收费吗?I don't think so. One of my friend made a mistake about his kid's status, and David fixed that for him free of any charge. They are safe now.

I don't know if 是他自己办,还是他助手办? They are a group, right? But when I asked him some questions about EAD application, he didn't reply for a week. And I was about to get angry, his assistant sent me an e-mail, appologizing and you know what, she prepared the application for EAD for me.

My petition was submitted within a month after I collected all the supporting materials. He first sent me a draft, asking me for advice, I read through it and made some comment and sent it back. Then he sent me the final version and I signed on where I was supposed to and that was it. The most painful process is collecting reference letters. That's not controlled by yourself.

所有跟帖: 

dan712, thank you so much! -a1b2c3- 给 a1b2c3 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2005 postreply 13:50:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”