Remember to check your hotel/car/airline reservations

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-08-02 14:32:10 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4070 bytes)
a few weeks before your departure.

For our August trip to Pacific NW, that is what I found that may be potential problems:

1) We were involuntary rerouted on our outbound leg from FLL to PDX - now instead of leaving at 1:30pm, FLL/DFW/SJC, then SJC/PDX on AA codeshare operated by AS (Alaska), now we will leave at 9:50am, FLL/DFW/LAX, then LAX/PDX on AA codeshare operated by AS. The flight between FLL/DFW is completely full, the LAX/PDX flight we did not have assigned seats, luckily when I discovered this involuntary reroute few days ago, there were 5 seats left on that flight, we managed to grab 2 window seats that are 2 rows apart. Last night, there was no seat available.

I can see a potential disruption of our outbound if FLL/DFW 9:50am is delayed for any reason, I dont know what AA can do - there are a pair of FLL/DFW at 1:11pm (our original flight) and then can connect to DFW/PDX, the problem is, DFW/PDX is completely full also.

Now we have to pray that nothing happens and we can get to LAX without hiccup. There are 2 more flights after our flight from LAX to PDX, so I am not too worry about that.

Never have such tight situation in flight schedule in previous Summer travels. I am just glad I found out the AS flight earlier enough to grab seats. Otherwise, it would be a major trouble when we arrive LAX and try to check-in with AS and there is no seat for us on that flight. The existing layover is long enough for 2.5 hours, I surely dont want it to be another hour for the next flight... or worse...

2) Our hotels - Everything was still fine and dandy over the weekend. Today when I looked up my reservation on Priority Club site (I am using PC points and Marriott pts for this trip), I found one reservation lost the detail information. It cannot be pulled up and after calling PC, I found out the hotel is no longer a Holiday Inn - now it is a La Quinta and apparently La Quinta is not going to honor Holiday Inn Reward Reservation. Fine. But why would the hotel changed hand on July 28 and PC still allowed me to book it as reward on July 18 for an August stay?! &*%$#@
PC CSR called the hotel and of course being told no go, so she manually put the pts back to my account - afterward, the web display of my account is totally screwed up - everything is displayed in a Cascade manner and nobody, including websuppot could figure out how to fix it!

Called the hotel to get a cancellation number as PC cannot send me a cancellation - it is no longer their hotel. Hotel told me all Holiday Inn reservation is wiped out from the system, she could not generate a cancellation number for me.

OK, now I am left without any documentation that this damn hotel reservation is cancelled and there is a possibility of being viewed as no show and being charged... Great! %$#@&*

Called La Quinta Main Reservation Desk - apparently the CSR answered has received many phone calls regarding this property - this is by far the shortest phone call I made regarding this mess - she immediately identified the property, and then found my reservation with only the date and the fact it is a Reward booking - she read out my name and I confirmed that is it. She said the reservation is already cancelled and gave me the all-important cancellation number in the central reservation system. I asked for an email confirmation for the cancellation. She said she would send it and I should receive it in an hour. This is almost 3 hours ago, and of course, there is NO email. Neither from La Quinta, nor from PC CSR who promised the email will be sent in the afternoon.

Of all the years of travelling, this is the first time I have encountered the hotel changing ownership in a situation like that.

I am kind of like, whew, good thing we found this out 9 days before our departure. Imagine that to arrive the hotel at 7pm and find out it is a different hotel name and you have no room ....

OK, just thought I would post so others would learn from our experiences.

所有跟帖: 

That's why I never stay at Holiday Inn -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (465 bytes) () 08/02/2006 postreply 15:21:24

The only thing luxurious of Holiday Inn is their price -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/02/2006 postreply 15:22:06

I dont care for one-night stay on roadtrip -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (628 bytes) () 08/02/2006 postreply 15:35:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”