update #4: being out patient now

来源: 2014-07-11 23:20:24 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

previous post:  bbs.wenxuecity.com/health/457259.html

upon id doc's reexam, yesterday late afternoon my wife exited hospital.  id doc was very confident that continuing the medication by oral would be alright.  he prescribed doxycycline for a full week, 3 days on prednisone, then tapering to 60gm, 40mg, 30mg, 20mg and 10mg.  after that, he wanted to see us in his office.

below was how it looked like yesterday evening.  notice the marked lines, which were drawn by a doc when dw was first admitted to the hospital at the time inside borderline the skin was red and elevated.  at the time of photo taken, the faulty skin had been shrinking to only limited area.

while suffering from this and our travel shedule has been severely affected, we did learn something new.  below points may not be complete, we will continue to think what we can do to make us safer in outdoor:

(1) need to make up what are missing in our knowledge base.  although we have been actively traveling /exploring outdoor activities for years, we didn't know what we didn't know.  through this we learned we lack the deep knowledge on how to live/act in wilderness.  we might participate in a boot camp or a short class on that soon.

(2) gear up adequately.  if we had worne close end trousers we might have been able to avoid the mishap. we learnt it in a hard way. additionally, long sleeve shirts and a cover-the-neck hat really help.

(3) when this thing happens, it happens, do not assume it will go away by itself.  when symptoms change fast, there must be a cause, seek medical assistance immediately.  some bacteria or virus grows so fast, it could really be deadly. 

when my wife is fully recovered, we will continue our venture north.  life goes on...

since i wrote the first post asking what it was, a lot of friends sent over expert advices, or sent in good wishes.  my wife and i appreciate it so much.  we are taking this time to say big thanks to you all!!

internuts