This forum is in the right track!

来源: 2009-04-01 16:28:25 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
We should give credit to Lv Yi. Articles on the top are of much better quality. Lv Yi may not be a professional, but she does her best to keep this place active, entertainng and educational.
Those professionals including Dr. Pepper, Dr. Hao, Jiamei, etc provide good information for those in need.

As for those practicing "alternative" stuff, I don't worry them anymore. They will meet their own fate. After all, their practice is limited by the law and they have to claim their practice is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases in their shops anyway. I don't believe patients with serious disease will seek their service in the first place. For those who may have fibromyalgia, somatic symptoms or even terminal ill patients who need a psycological boost, they may provide a placebo effect. Once a lady I met at a party asked me about a "magic" supplement for her terminal ill mother with lung cancer in China, I told her go ahead and send it to show their care and love and provide comfort for her.

Alternative practice exists for a reason, good or bad. Fortunately, they are regulated by the laws in a civilized society. Consumers will make their choice. The professionals job is to do the best to educate consumers and let them make their own choices. As in this place, we should continue to welcome them like "Yi Zhe yi ye", something like them. After all, I do enjoy their entertaining posts. We just have to remind our readers not to be misled. And I think so far so good.

Happy April Fool's day!