今天我们绿了, 附sample letter of recommendation

来源: guangzhouman 2007-09-12 10:15:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10612 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ guangzhouman ] 在 2007-09-12 10:50:12 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
今天我们一家三口都收到绿卡通知.如下
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
我是06年12月开始准备材料.到07年3月收到5封推荐信(都是自己起草的).3月26日将材料寄出,收到日期是3月30日.4月1日收到I-140 批准的email(premium processing,EB-1a).4月9日收到正式批准文件.原本在4月16日寄I-485和家属的工卡,但留意到体检表上没有TB skin test(在这里要感谢本坛提供TB skin Test RFE cases 的朋友),问了律师说按新规定TB skin Test 非做不可,当时很担心TB skin test会呈阳性,因为我们在中国都种过豆.体检的医生很nice.在我们的体检表补上NEGATIVE 就ok了!
4月26日递交全家的I-485.
4月29日收到
5月2日收到finger print的通知(code 3)
5月25日做finger prints
5月29日I-485被update
6月16日老婆和女儿收到工卡(女儿的工卡是为SSN而申请)
7月1日老婆的公司正式开张营业,看到老婆赚的第一桶金,心里充满喜悦.来美国,值!
7月4日在办公室接到一位自称DOD,CIA and FBIagent 的电话要求面谈.当时有点不知所措.质询学校的有关部门,说可能与科技产品出口或绿卡申请有关,可以面谈.问我的律师,回答是不见这个人,要谈直接跟律师谈.考虑再三没有采纳律师的意见:这是加快name check 的天伺良机!一定要见这个贵人.后来证明这个判断是正确的.
7月14日与agent在办公室面谈.他们只对我在中国的研究经历感兴趣,对我在美国的情况不感兴趣.面谈结束时我问这次面谈是否与绿卡申请有关,她说不是.只是我以前在中国的研究很sensitive(核物理).我说我的研究都是理论的没有保密价值,而且我已经很久不做这个了.最后我说我的绿卡申请正在接受你们FBI的背景调查,能不能快一点.她说她会帮我这个忙.对她来说very easy.

7月28日,06年已经批准的H1Bcase 被update.
8月5日,已经批准的I-140 case 被update.
9月11日,收到card ordered email.

作为对本坛的一点贡献,帮助后来的朋友,附上我的一封推荐信,供大家参考.
在准备推荐信时充分吸取了本坛的RFEcases 的经验教训.律师说我的材料非常perfect, air-tight.

Center Director
Department of Justice
U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
Date: Feb. 25, 2007
Ref: Extraordinary ability Consideration for Prof. Dr. XXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing this letter in my capacity as Editor of the international journal XXX to support Prof. Dr. XXX’s petition for permanent residence in the United States of America under the “alien with extraordinary ability” classification.

In 19XX I obtained a doctoral degree based on a Ph.D. thesis in experimental physics, mainly for the investigation of magnetic properties of metallic materials in high magnetic fields, and became a member of the scientific staff of the Natuurkundig Laboratorium that later became a constituent member of the Van der Waals-Zeeman Instituut. In 19XX, I became strongly involved in a semi-theoretical deion of the stability of metallic alloy systems from an atomistic point of view. At the same time, the experimental investigation of the fundamental electronic and magnetic properties of intermetallic compounds based on rare-earth and/or transition metals, remained the most important part of the research programme of my group. In 19XX, I became assistant group leader in the Materials Division of the Dutch Science Foundation FOM which, besides the universities, supplies essential support to physics research in the Netherlands. In 1985, I became associate professor, University of Amsterdam, and group leader in the organization FOM. In these years, the search for and the study of novel magnetic materials with potential applications, for instance hard-magnetic materials for application in the production of permanent magnets, obtained a central position in our research programme. This application-oriented programme, in which later also high-magnetoresistance materials (applicable for instance in recorder heads) were investigated, was carried out in close cooperation with Philips Research Labs, Eindhoven, and with a number of other institutions in Europe, the United States, China and Japan. In 1XXX, I became full professor of Technical Physics with specialization in Materials Science and Editor of X.
XXX is one of the leading journals in the realm of condensed matter and solid state physics, which publishes original research papers both experimental and theoretical. Each week we receive several tens of manus submitted for publication in XXX, by authors in many different countries. These manus are classified and sent to our referees working in the same field for their review. A referee will return his/her assessment of the paper to the Editor in a set period of time. A referee’s report should indicate whether the paper contains enough significant new physics to warrant publication in XXX, whether the paper is scientifically sound and not misleading, and the referee’s suggestions and recommendation. The referee’s suggestions, in general, lead to significant improvement of the research work. On some rare occasions, a referee’s suggestion can even lead to important scientific discoveries. Needless to say, only very top scientists in the field are qualified to review the work of others.
I began to notice Prof. XXX’s name more than seven years ago due to the fact that his work is frequently cited by papers submitted for publication in XXX. A further investigation indicated that his work is also frequently cited by papers published in other journals in the field of condensed-matter physics, and that his work has also been reviewed by articles published in Reviews of Modern Physics, Advances in Physics, International Journal of Modern Physics B, and etc. Generally, only papers that have made seminal contributions in a field are frequently cited by others. Indeed, Dr. XXX is the originator of a theory which explains the origin of XXX. He has also made seminal contributions in resolving the long-standing puzzle of inverted acceptor-bound exciton states in many semiconductor materials. It is well established that Dr. XXX is a very top researcher in his field and his work has made a great impact on others in the same field. In the past seven years, we have regularly consulted him for articles submitted for publication in XXX and he has been very cooperative. He always responds to our review requests timely and his reports contain invaluable suggestions. We attribute greatly the success of XXX to Prof. XXX and many others like him who unite their efforts with our own.
I am knowledgeable of the criteria for an alien with extraordinary ability, set by the US Citizenship and Immigration Service, that is, at least three of the following ten criteria must be met:

A. Documentation of the alien's receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor.

B. Documentation of the alien's membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields.

C. Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media referring to the alien's work in the field for which classification is sought. Such evidence shall include the title, date and author of the materials and any necessary translations.

D. Evidence of the alien's participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specification for which classification is sought.

E. Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic or business-related contributions of major significance in the field.

F. Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media.

G. Evidence of the display of the alien's work in the field at artistic exhibitions or showcases.

H. Evidence that the alien has performed a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.

I. Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remunerations for services, in relation to others in the field.

J. Evidence of commercial success in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk or video sales.
Based upon my partial knowledge of Prof. XXX’s achievements, my professional judgment is that he amply meets four (C, D, E, F) of the above ten criteria and should therefore be considered to be “an alien with extraordinary ability”. Whether he also meets the other criteria requires documentations not available from scholarly journals.
In summary, I regard Prof. XXX as an outstanding and internationally recognized researcher in the field of condensed-matter physics and therefore, most strongly recommend that he be granted “an alien with extraordinary ability” classification and permanent residence in the United States. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely yours

XXXXX

Professor and Editor of XXX
Van der XXX Laboratory,
The Netherlands.

所有跟帖: 

GX. 谢谢分享. -1mm- 给 1mm 发送悄悄话 1mm 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:25:39

congratulations!!! -TX_Kitty- 给 TX_Kitty 发送悄悄话 TX_Kitty 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:25:47

Congratulations! 回复:今天我们绿了, 附sample letter of recommendation -rstuvw- 给 rstuvw 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:28:51

GXGX! -Lyon- 给 Lyon 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:34:19

回复:GXGX, thanks for sharing -Six110- 给 Six110 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:37:45

回复:GXGX -radiology- 给 radiology 发送悄悄话 radiology 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 10:47:25

GXGX! -NO1NO1- 给 NO1NO1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 12:20:27

GXGX, so quick -Latony- 给 Latony 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 12:24:17

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing with us. -1415- 给 1415 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 12:46:38

GXGX! I'am also a Guangzhouneer -echoman- 给 echoman 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/12/2007 postreply 13:06:08

回复:今天我们绿了, 附sample letter of recommendation -朔风飞扬07- 给 朔风飞扬07 发送悄悄话 (1140 bytes) () 09/17/2007 postreply 23:08:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!