补一下:ETF&MF&SPY

来源: abcfed11 2018-04-22 23:07:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3993 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ abcfed11 ] 在 2018-04-22 23:13:23 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214280
1. Unless I were day-trading, I would not choose SPY. It's older structure does not allow internal reinvesting of dividends between dividend dates, resulting in a slight drag in excess of the higher ER. It would have finished the last decade at $20,857.41. Not a big deal, but an unnecessary shortfall.

2, And there is essentially zero difference in performance between FUSVX and IVV. Over 10 years, $10,000 would have grown to $20,981.96 in FUSVX and $20,939.12 in IVV.

3. can you re-invest dividends for free? That was one of the reasons I chose MF over ETF. MF has auto-reinvest and purchasing in dollar amounts. Dollar amounts make rebalancing easy (Sell $10,000 of a stock mutual fund, purchase $10,000 of a bond mutual fund - Vanguard even provides direct exchange).

4. SPY is the SPY SPDR S&P 500 ETF that nedsaid mentioned. It is old and huge and incredibly liquid. For traders, it is a logical choice. For investors, I would go with any of the 5 bp and under S&P 500 ETFs or mutual funds (or the equivalent total stock market ETFs or mutual funds).

If an ETF goes out of business, could the investor lose some or all of their investment?

If an ETF shuts down and you don't sell out before the final day of trading, your investment is liquidated and you receive the final day's NAV. In other words, you get sold out of it.

It is not a concern with any of the ETFs we've been discussing (or Vanguard's VOO). They're all large, liquid, and stable.

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!