帮好朋友从典型的俄勒冈实用性穿着转型到波特兰城市风情的look

来源: 2017-03-17 17:08:12 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

平常除了写博客,我也时不时会提供整体造型的服务。这次,是帮好朋友megan改进她的着装。第一张照片就是很典型的megan平时多的穿着,基本上暗淡的颜色,运动功能性系列的衣服,再加上很不搭的围巾。所以,这次帮她改进造型的目标就是帮她体验两个新的look,一个就是相对比较professional,穿去上班,但同时又可以adjust 病人的这样一个look(她是整骨师),第二个look就是更多的展现她女人味的一面,下了班和男朋友约会或者和女朋友见面这样的一种look。随性,优雅但是女人味十足。欢迎大家看看,并在我的博客上直接留下您的宝贵意见,英文中文都可以。博客链接:https://styleright.me/2017/03/17/nw-functionl-to-portland-chic/

NW FUNCTIONL TO PORTLAND CHIC

Mar 16th, 2017

untitled-8084

untitled-8097

untitled-8107

Megan is a chiropractor and love the work she does. She practice and own Center for Chiropractic & Pain Rehabilitation in NE Portland. On the side, she runs a wine business of exporting Oregon and Washington wines abroad. Megan’s overall dressing style is pretty casual and functional while enjoy dressing up for special occasions.

Megan is a very good friend of mine, in fact, she and I were born exact same day, same month & same year. How coincident is that, right!? We see each other often so I have a very good understanding of her dressing style and know exactly what to do to enhance her look.

untitled-8120

untitled-8142

untitled-8174

untitled-8154

My goal of this styling session is to influence her style more away from NW function to more of a Portland chic. Since her profession require her to be able to move freely and conduct adjustment on patients. I picked this stretchy shirt to go with this linen jacket, which was featured in my post: LINEN JACKET AND JEAN before. (Check it out so you can see how a same jacket can look so differently depending on how you pair it.) When she is seeing patients, she can leave the buttons open so she can conduct adjustment without any issue while still maintaining the professional and chic look.

I could pair a pointy high heel shoe with this outfit, but I think that will be reaching Megan’s limit and it is also not practical for her to be on high heels on day long while she works. But if you are an office lady, and really going for a strong presence/character look, a black pointy high heel shoe will work perfectly.

untitled-8224

untitled-8253

untitled-8264

untitled-8274

untitled-8286

untitled-8209

This second look I created for her was more aimed to a softer feminine look. The dusk pink cashmere sweater, (which I also featured on my post: SCARF YOUR AUTUMN LOOK.), paired with pearl necklace, beige burberry coat,  pink frame sunglasses, were all very feminine choices of items. I intentionally picked this boot for her to add a bit of contrast to the look while still meeting Megan’s overall dressing requirement of always need to be practical and comfortable.

At first, I was a bit worried to style Megan because sometimes she could be “hard-headed” : ), but in the end, this is what Megan shared :

“I was happy/excited to see how Remanda might transform my look. Remanda was very fun to work with and was successful in putting together looks that are different from what I’d typically wear and added that “wow” effect for me!! ”