This is tricky but you may make it. See side

来源: 绿卡长征 2007-07-23 18:28:13 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2744 bytes)
Question #2: Hi. I've been laid off before 180 days after I applied for I-485. I already have an Employment Authorization Document. Can I use it to get another job, and the new employer needs to sponsor me again for my I-485? Also do I need to start from scratch another I-485 or can I can continue the process? Thanks. Carl Shusterman: There is no need for your new employer to file a second I-485 on your behalf. As long as your job is in the same or similar occupation you can adjust status using your previously filed I-485. You can continue employment using your Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Question #13: If being laid off within 180 days from RD and with EAD what are the steps to be followed to save AOS (Like informing lawyer change, any letter from previous employer required etcetera). Carl Shusterman: The INS memo of June 19, 2001, referred to earlier in this chat, provides as follows: "In instances where the applicant no longer intends to be employed by the employer who sponsored him/her on the I-140, the Service should request a letter of employment from the new employer. The letter from the new employer verifying that the job offer exists should contain the new job title, job deion, and salary. This information is necessary to determine whether the new job is in the same or similar occupation and to determine whether the alien is admissible under the public charge ground of inadmissibility at INA Section 212 (a)(4)." Link: http://immigration.about.com/library/weekly/aa012902b.htm Also, by USCIS's memo on AC21, you can change job within 180 days. It is always a good idea to keep your H1B visa though.

欢迎加入我的群组:
  • 湾区(SF Bay Area) 厦门人
  • 澳洲股坛
  • 澳洲的天空
  • 软件外包
  • 佛家弟子
  • 摄影和绘画
  • 旅 游
  • 四海之内
  • 天津茶坊
  • 萍水相逢
  • 所有跟帖: 

好,挺好,谢谢! - 回复:This is tricky but you may make it. See side -pjiang- 给 pjiang 发送悄悄话 pjiang 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/23/2007 postreply 18:37:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”