分享EB1申请经验

来源: shudai 2014-03-12 12:10:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (34992 bytes)

Timeline of the GC process:

2007-July: Submitted I-485 application as dependent (EB2)

2010-Oct: Divorced

2011-Nov: Received GC (consulted with N atternoies, all informed that this GC is problematic, or will invalid my H1b status at
                 the same time)

2012-June: Voluntarily gave up GC (Beijing, China)

2012-July: employer agreed to sponsor GC application, started the discussions between EB2 and EB1

HR didn’t agree with EB1 at first when I only showed my list of publications. Preparing the first draft of the petition support letter helped me to solicit the arguments. With hard copy of evidences, HR changed mind and supported EB1

2012-Dec/Jan: completed the package with petition support letter (4 revisions) and all the evidence, and gathered all the references letters for EB1 application

2013-Feb/Mar: employer handed my case to external attorney, the documentations need to be re-organized, and all the reference letters need to be re-review and modified

2013-Apr: finalized the reference letters and got all the signatures, attorney re-organized the evidences and the petition
                 support letter, didn't include all the evidences I prepared before

2013-May: preparing the filling forms, discussed how to handle the previous GC

2013-July: submitted I-140 petition (receipt date: 07/08/2013)

2013-Oct: I-140 approved (10/01/2013)

2013-Nov: submitted I-485 (receipt date: 11/14/2013)

2013-Dec: finger prints (12/23/2013)

2014-Jan: USCIS requested RFEs regarding previous GC (01/21/2014). We included all the materials, but USCIS overlooked them. Anyway, the attorney sent the documentations (Affidavit, I-407, divorce files, previous GC approval and the GC copies) on 01/29/2014

2014-Feb: received the EAD card (approved for two years)

Waiting for GC

Total cost for EB1: Not quite sure how much, employer covered everything

Included materials in final EB1 application:

·         Employer: non-profit medical center (among top 3 in US) -- practice, research, education

·         Research field – clinical trials in oncology

·         Biostatistics Ph.D. in Dec 2007, joined employer’s institution in Jan 2008, assistant professor in Sep 2009

·         Total of 41 peer-reviewed publications

o   7 first/last author, 10 second author

o   7 in journal with impact factor of 18, 5 in journals with impact factor of 7 or up

·         Total of 4 book chapters (2 published, 2 accepted)

·         Total citations > 650 by google scholar

·         Total of 45 abstracts

·         References:

o   Oncologist and professor, Director of clinical research, US (I drafted)

o   Oncologist and professor, Head of the oncology department, France (referee’s writing)

o   Oncologist and professor, Journal associate editor, Denmark (referee’s writing)

o   Statistician and associate professor, associate director, US (referee’s writing)

o   Statistician and professor, director of cancer center statistics, US (I drafted)

o   Reserved for potential REFs: statistician/professor from Belgium; Oncologist/director from Switzerland

Notes: None of them were my advisors or professors back in the graduate school. All of them had > 200 publications in the fields, are PIs of high influencing clinical trials, solid evidences of the international recognitions. They are all my collaborators. When preparing the letters, we tried to give them directions of not mentioning the direct collaborations with me. I contacted 10 potential referees and was rejected by 3 of them.

·         Peer-review work for 20 high-profile journals with a total of 38 reviews

·         Member of committees which review the work of others:
         NCI task force committee,
         grant reviewer for genesis oncology trust assessment committee in New Zealand

·         Highlights of the citations by others:
         highlighted by Agency for healthcare research and quality in their recommendations for the field,
         talked about in editorials of two journals,
         results used by MSKCC doctor for case diagnosis,
         highlighted in the Leading News section of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) eDigest,
         highlighted in New York (Reuters Health), and subsequently reported in Fox News, NBC News, Yahoo News, Lifestyles and Medline Plus

Notes: Google your articles, the Fox news etc. will show up if they talked about your articles. Always pick the 1st or 2nd author publications if you can

·         Receipt of awards/research grants: > $7 million on multiple grants (PI for one small grant, co-I for couple large grants)

·         Voting member for 4 NIH committees

Wish everyone good luck!

所有跟帖: 

回复:分享EB1申请经验 -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (141 bytes) () 03/12/2014 postreply 13:30:36

回复:分享EB1申请经验 -shudai- 给 shudai 发送悄悄话 (102 bytes) () 03/12/2014 postreply 18:40:01

回复:回复:分享EB1申请经验 -python2012- 给 python2012 发送悄悄话 (568 bytes) () 03/13/2014 postreply 01:52:57

回复:回复:回复:分享EB1申请经验 -shudai- 给 shudai 发送悄悄话 (132 bytes) () 03/13/2014 postreply 04:05:19

更新:绿了 -shudai- 给 shudai 发送悄悄话 (199 bytes) () 05/03/2014 postreply 18:45:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!