来源: 863211 2016-08-09 19:32:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2827 bytes)

Thank you very much for your advice. Greatly appreciate it.

Would you mind I asking two more question?:

1. Can I use my current EAD/AP card to work for the new employer and meanwhile inform USCIS about the job change (with the copy of new job letter and I-485 receipt as you suggested),

-Yes.

or I have to file I-765 for a new EDA card before I start working for the new employer?

-No. You can use the EAD to work for any employer. Just file I-765 to renew the EAD in advance up to 120 days before the  EAD expires in the futrue..

(My current EAD card is valid until this October and my lawyer from the current employer has filed a new I-765 in early June)

-You can continue to use it to work for any employer after the new EAD is approved.

2. What document/information can be used to convince the new employer's immigration team that I will work in the same field, if the I-140 petition and certified PERM is not available for me?

-The job offfer letter should have addressed your new job duties, haven't it? This job offer letter will tell USCIS whether you work in the same/similar field. You don't need to convince the new employer that you work in the same/simialr field. With the EAD, you can work for any job and any employer legally. But if you don't work in the same/similar field, USCIS may deny your I-485. So, it is just related to you, not the employer.

I think you advice these documents are not necessary for the new employer at all. Do we need get a approval from USCIS to confirm if the two jobs are in the same field or not? 

-No. USCIS will check your new job duties to see whether your new job is in the old job field when they decide whether they approve your I-485. So, as long as you work in the same field, you will be OK. You can tell whether you work in the same/field, can't you? Your new job duties do not have to be exact the same as old job. For example, if you were a software engineer  to make software for industrial application in the old job, but in your new job, you make a software for commercial application, then you are still counted to work in the same field.

Thank you very much for your help.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you very much -工作工作再工作- 给 工作工作再工作 发送悄悄话 (78 bytes) () 08/10/2016 postreply 11:00:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”