Should I request EAD expedite service?

来源: v1v1en 2010-08-20 12:19:37 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1851 bytes)
My situation is a bit messy. I received a job offer in late May, so I hired my own attorney to file the EAD renewal instead of using my previous employer's lawyer. My EAD expires on September 4, and I started preparing for the renewal as soon as I received the offer letter. My previous employer's attorney refused to provide me with a copy of I-485 receipt (it was mailed to them originally), so I gave my own attorney the receipt number to be included in the filing.

The application was sent in mid-June, when I left my previous job and joined the new company. The new employer would sponsor H-1B and obtained all the necessary documents from me before I gave my notice to the previous employer.

In mid-July, I received a rejection notice to the EAD application citing not providing I-485 receipt notice. I gave my attorney a copy of the finger print notice and refiled the application a week later.

After I started at the new job in late June, I learned that the new employer hasn't filed the H-1B transfer and I needed to use my EAD. The company's attorney told HR that it is ok to use EAD and later transfer over to H-1B. The H-1B application was filed in late July with receipt letter received at the end of July.

The EAD application check was cashed by immigration service at the end of July but so far I still haven't received any receipt notice.

My questions are:

Is it normal for a EAD receipt letter to take a month or longer to arrive?

Do I qualify for the expedited processing of EAD?

Do I need to get out of the country to activate the H-1B once it is approved? (I've been on H-1B visa for over 6 years)

If the H-1B is rejected for whatever reason, and I still haven't received EAD extension, what's my best approach to resolve the issue?

Thanks a lot!

所有跟帖: 

回复:Should I request EAD expedite service? -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (2625 bytes) () 08/20/2010 postreply 13:01:58

回复:回复:Should I request EAD expedite service? -v1v1en- 给 v1v1en 发送悄悄话 v1v1en 的博客首页 (157 bytes) () 08/20/2010 postreply 13:09:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”