EAD pending after 90 days in USCIS --Confusion

来源: hongxiao 2008-09-19 19:33:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2033 bytes)
In employer handbook, there is a paragraph:

To maintain continuous employment eligibility, an employee with temporary work authorization should apply for new work authorization at least 90 days before the current expiration date. If USCIS fails to adjudicate the application for employment authorization within 90 days, then the employee will be authorized for employment on Form I-766 for a period not to exceed 240 days.

I have searched the web and try to find some example how to get continue employment with this paragraph.

Seems it is no clear how employer can fill out the I-9 form, and How employer can do this?

Only find one paragraph about this:

"It is important to note that the Employer Handbook (M-274) has also been modified. Two modifications are of note. First, the handbook clarifies existing guidance that makes clear that employees are not required to provide their social security number in Section 1 of the I-9, except if the employer is enrolled in the E-Verify program. Another interesting modification relates to employees holding temporary work status "Employment Authorization Documents" and have filed for extensions of temporary employment authorization and the government has not acted on the request after 90 days. The new handbook suggests that in that case, the USCIS will allow the employee to remain employed after expiration of the temporary permit. Specifically, "...the employee will be authorized for employment on form I-766 for a period not to exceed 240 days." But other parts of the handbook are not so clear that this is allowed. Until there is clarification, each situation will have to be reviewed individually to determine whether continued employment is permitted."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DHS+Appeals+No-Match+Preliminary+Injunction,+SSA+Forgoes+No-Match...-a0172758262

Any one has used this as a guild line to have I-9 form verified? Please share!!!

My EAD card is going to be expired within 3 days.

Thanks,

所有跟帖: 

回复:EAD pending after 90 days in USCIS --Confusion -sdfsdfsdff- 给 sdfsdfsdff 发送悄悄话 (832 bytes) () 09/20/2008 postreply 18:48:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”