Gardening 2021

来源: 玩豆公子 2021-02-20 12:17:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2249 bytes)

It's true that I do more gardening in winter than in summer.

In summer there are more distractions and the weather is more suitable of lounging about.  All the work in winter ensures good harvest later on.  I have been pruning all the fruit bushes  black currants, blueberry, gooseberry, raspberry and some of the grapevines (they took up big chunks of time for there are many and overgrown ).  Done peach, apple and pear trees; fig trees are next to prune.  

I also spent a bit of time learning how to graft fruit tree from Youtube.  I will try to graft a different variety onto  the peach tree and also the wild plum. It will be fun to have trees with different characters.  Do remember to buy a good grafting knife and some parafin tapes next time in town.  

Another task is to creat a new flower border.  I want to transplant the flowering shrubs into ground to save watering the containers.  Perhaps plant a banana and a loquat tree at the hottest spot of the garden.  Need to clear the honeysuckle to make room for them.   

Starting sowing too.  

Jan 10 sowed cauliflower and spinach 

Jan 12 sowed long sweet pepper and mild chilli

Feb 14 sowed more chillies and tomatoesThomson and morgan, spring onions

Feb 17 sowed lettuce

Feb 20  sowed tomato black Russian, sweet basils

I will add to the list once I follow all the preset dates of sowing plan.

God knows how bad it will get with the raging pandemic.  Gardening makes me sane, so far:)

更多我的博客文章>>>
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”