乔布斯成功秘诀#1

来源: 2timesfun 2011-12-28 23:12:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5434 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2timesfun ] 在 2011-12-31 00:11:23 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

正在读 The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs 一书,书里有很多精彩、富有启发性的论断,赶紧记下来,免得日后忘掉了。 作者是 Carmine Gallo, 看来他之前的另一本书 The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs 也值得找来一读。
7 Principals That Drive Jobs:
1) Do what you love.
2) Put a dent in the universe.
3) Kick-start your brain.
4) Sell dreams, not products.
5) Say no to 1000 things.
6) Create insanely great experiences.
7) Master the message.
以下是关于第一条原则的摘录和感想。
Jobs 以不同的方式,在不同的场合谈到过 passion 对于成功的重要性。 1995 年他接受 Smithsonian Oral History Project 采访时说得最直白:
I think you should go get a job as bu*****oy or something until you find something you're really passionate about because it's a lot of work. I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the nonsuccessful ones is pure perseverance . It is so hard. You put so much of your life into this thing. There are such rough moments in time that I think most people give up. I don't blame them. It's really thought and it consumes your life. If you've got a family and you're n the early days of a company, I can't imagine how one could do it. I'm sure it's been done, but it's rough. It's pretty much an eighteen hour day job, seven days a week for awhile. Unless you have a lot passion about this, you're not going to survive. You're going to give it up. So you've got to have an idea, or problem or a wrong that you want to right that you're passionate about, otherwise you're not going to have the perseverance to stick to it through. I think that's half the battle right there .
在他那著名的 2005 年 Standford 毕业典礼演讲中,他再一次讲到:
I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truely satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to do what you love. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle. ...... Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life . Stay hungry. Stay foolish. ( 读着这句,想到早逝的他,想必他说这话的时候真的是语重心长、发自肺腑吧。 )

他创立苹果时的伙伴 Steve Wozniak 也反复印证他的话: “I hope you'll be as lucky as I am. The world needs inventors--great ones. You can be one. If you love what you do and are willing to do what it takes, it's within your reach. And it'll wroth every minute you spend alone at night, thinking about what it is you want to design or build. It'll be worth it, I promise." (好一个“ I promise” ! )
The great social innovator Bill Strickland said: " Passion won't protect you against setbacks, but it will ensure that no failure is ever final ." "Passion is the emotional fuel that drives your vision. It's what you hold on to when your ideas are challenged and people turn you down, when you are rejected by 'experts' and the people closest to you. It's the fuel that keeps you going when there is no outside validation for your dream. "
Apple’s recruiting philosophy (Sharon Aby, recruiter of Apple): "We didn't want someone who desired to retire with a gold watch. We wanted entrepreneurs, demonstrated winners (even those who had just graduated but excelled in college), high energy contributors who defined their previous role in terms of what they contributed and not what their titles were. ....... The main quality: expectation of excellence. We looked for people who were excited to create new things. " (很像 Zappos 的用人策略嘛。以后我们招人一定要问问他或她梦想和最近的读的书。 没有梦想,不读书的一律不要。)
Rachael Ray (30 Minute Meals host): " I think that if you love what you do, the magic part happens organically . You go to work and you work harder that the next guy or next lady because you love what you do. And never waste your time on the things that you can't change or the opinions other people have of you."

但是怎样才能找到自己的passion呢? 这本书里没有这方面的内容。 上周借的Find Your Sweet Spot 也许会有所帮助。 等这本书读完,再读那一本吧。

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 乔布斯成功秘诀#1
  • 太美了!-《中国字画》
  • 给孩子介绍中秋节的来历和习俗(动漫故事和小册子)
  • 15天纠正孩子坏习惯的试验
  • 儿童财商测试(中英文两个版本)
  • 所有跟帖: 

也许有的人一辈子也找不到passion,也许找到了但没那么幸运能成功。 -vanilla256- 给 vanilla256 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2011 postreply 14:10:45

10倍的人穷困潦倒一生,就是因为追究passion -laborlaw- 给 laborlaw 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2011 postreply 16:16:09

4% 定律 -2timesfun- 给 2timesfun 发送悄悄话 2timesfun 的博客首页 (200 bytes) () 12/30/2011 postreply 18:03:45

别傻了:“追求梦想的人,即使穷,也会快乐,决不会潦倒” -waitGC- 给 waitGC 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2011 postreply 16:16:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”