川普现在又改口说,从某些特定国家来的即使是合法移民也是对美国安全的威胁

来源: 互联网 2016-08-07 07:08:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7035 bytes)

Donald Trump now says even legal immigrants are a security threat

(The Washington Post)  2016-08-05

First Donald Trump said that he wanted to block nearly all foreign Muslims from entering the United States. More recently, he decided to stop using the word "Muslim" as he called for halting immigration from countries with high rates of terrorism, although he has yet to say which countries that would include.

At a rally in Portland, Maine, on Thursday afternoon, Trump provided a lengthy explanation of why he thinks the United States needs to be skeptical of immigrants from many countries, even if they follow the legal process. Reading from notes, Trump listed nearly a dozen examples of immigrants, refugees or students who came to the United States legally -- often applying for and receiving citizenship -- and then plotted to kill Americans, sometimes successfully doing so. The countries that he referenced in these examples: Somalia, Morocco, Uzbekistan (he asked the crowd where it was located), Syria, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Iraq, Pakistan and Yemen (which he pronounced "yay-men"). Trump's staff has yet to confirm if there are countries from which the nominee wants to limit immigration. 

"We're letting people come in from terrorist nations that shouldn't be allowed because you can't vet them," Trump said. "There's no way of vetting them. You have no idea who they are. This could be the great Trojan horse of all time."

At another point in the rally, Trump said: "Hillary Clinton wants to have them come in by the hundreds of thousands, just remember. This has nothing to do with politics, folks. This is a whole different level. This has to do with pure, raw stupidity. Okay?"

Trump has long called for a crackdown on illegal immigration, which he has framed as a national security concern. In his announcement speech last year, Trump described illegal Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals. At numerous rallies, mothers and fathers whose children have been killed by illegal immigrants have shared their heartbreaking stories. Trump has said that building a wall along the border with Mexico will not only keep out illegal immigrants but also criminals, drug traffickers and terrorists. And he has proposed deporting the millions of immigrants illegally living here, starting with those who have committed crimes.

For more than 10 months, Trump has opposed allowing any Syrian refugees into the country because they could be terrorists, and he has promised to kick out all Syrian refugees currently in the country. In December, Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Last month Trump said that his position on banning Muslims has "gotten bigger," as he's now focusing on territories with terrorism problems. Last week Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity: "People don’t want me to say 'Muslim.' I guess I prefer not saying it, frankly, myself. So we’re talking about territories." But he has yet to say which territories he would target.

About 13 percent of 318.9 million people living in the United States in 2014 were immigrants, according to the Migration Policy Institute, which is a massive increase from 1970, when the rate was less than 5 percent. Mexico is the most common home-nation of these immigrants, followed by India, China and the Philippines.

Within minutes of taking the stage in Maine on Thursday afternoon, Trump warned the crowd of outsiders "pouring into our country," and he promised to build a wall along the border. He was interrupted by protesters who held up pocket-sized copies of the Constitution. The crowd booed and then chanted: "USA! USA! USA!"

As the protesters were led away, Trump resumed: "A Trump rally is the safest place in our country to be. Believe me. Believe me. Right? It is safe. But if we keep going the way it is, our whole country is becoming different."

Trump warned the crowd that "radical Islamic terrorism" is the "most important issues facing civilization right now" and that the United States has to be more careful in allowing foreigners to visit or move here.

"We've just seen many, many crimes getting worse all the time, and as Maine knows -- a major destination for Somali refugees. Right? Am I right?" Trump said, as the crowd affirmed what he had said. "Well, they're all talking about it: Maine. Somali. Refugees. We admit hundreds of thousands, you admit into Maine, and to other places in the United States. Hundreds of thousands of refugees, and they're coming from among the most dangerous territories and countries anywhere in the world -- right? -- a practice which has to stop. It has to stop... This is a practice that has to stop."

To back up this point, Trump rattled through a list of cautionary examples -- nearly all of which appear on a list of 26 examples released in November by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), a senior member of the Judiciary Committee who chairs an immigration subcommittee. Sessions has closely advised Trump for months and one of his former aides, Stephen Miller, is now a senior policy adviser to Trump and often speaks at Trump's rallies about the dangers of immigration. In nearly each example, Trump noted that the suspect in question came to the United States legally and was granted citizenship.

"They're the ones we know about. There are so many that we don't know about. You're going to have problems like you've never seen," Trump said. "We don't know where these people are. You know when the government puts them around... for the most part, very few people know where they even are. We don't even know where they are located. I'm telling you, I've said it before: This could be the great Trojan horse of all time. They're coming in. They're coming in."

所有跟帖: 

川爷就是想到啥说啥,到时候很难执行 -zzwskh- 给 zzwskh 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/07/2016 postreply 07:52:08

就是,现在的美国就是在政治正确的面前,法律都可以靠边站。这是什么世风? -天蝎小猪- 给 天蝎小猪 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/07/2016 postreply 11:56:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!