提醒一下。

来源: 118ibm 2020-12-09 09:06:58 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5235 bytes)

拿,这里都只是个网上ID,不是日常生活中认识的“真人”。

但是,抱团也好,掐架也罢,总也算是有缘。出言提醒一下。说错了,请不要介意。

要是自己和家人接下来不幸得了新冠,你想过怎么应付吗?

去哪个医院?看哪位医生?本地医院的床位情况了解吗?自己医保的情况如何?工作、生活的影响?有谁能帮到你么?有没有准备好遗嘱?etc。

(是的,遗嘱。我们这里的ISD,这学期开学时,每位 faculty 都被提醒要写遗嘱。)

看看纽时上的读者评论,莫辨真假。贴几个吧。

I live in the middle of Missouri.

The politically motivated intransigence of our Governor, who mimics Trump's rhetoric and refuses to take any state wide actions is appalling. It has lead directly to the overrun hospitals and needless deaths.

The problem is exacerbated by closures of dozens of rural hospitals which preceded COVID. And that was a direct result of GOP's super majority passing actions which removed families and children from the Medicaid rolls and provided no control over scam artists taking over rural hospitals, bilking them out of all the money they could and then shutting them down.

As I write this, my 97 year old mother-in-law is laying by herself with a cracked pelvic bone, in a COVID overrun hospitals, tended to by exhausted nurses who look like aliens and without any of her family there to help.

We are staring at a medieval mix of lack of medical care, combined with evangelical exhortations to let God be in control. Which yields either - "God is Great" or "Thoughts and prayers" outcomes.

It's embarrassing that our country can be brought so low and dysfunctional by a public health crisis.

To those who voted for Trump with a cynical retort - yeah, he is terrible, but let him disrupt things for four years. Shake things up a bit - This is a direct result of "shaking things up".

Do not come to Utah. At a 27% positive test rate. On the Wasatch Front the ICU rate is about 95%. Contrary to the image the State is over 85% for ICU numbers.

Both my husband and I are heathcare workers. He is a retired provider who is working with the national guard in a makeshift hospital. (we are no longer in STL as my name suggest but in a midsize town in the SouthWest). We are absolutely already rationing care, just not officially sanctioned. When there are ICU patients being cared for by hastily trained Med-Surg nurses, we ration care. When we have 3 ICU patients per RN, we ration care. When we have patients doubled up in single rooms without the ability to even get out of bed, we ration care. When there is no time to turn patients or change linens in time, we ration care. At this time everybody is still getting care here, but at 60% of the optimal level instead of the 99% everybody deserves.

算了。不想再贴了。

各位保重。哪怕想去打疫苗,也是好几个月以后的事。在这之前,疫情应该是更坏而不是相反。

保护好自己和家人最要紧。

所有跟帖: 

美国医疗系统能撑到现在, 很大程度是因为把病人赶回家. 昨天城里有帖子说社区死了一个, 就是医院出来, 在家突然恶化死了. -POCOCAT- 给 POCOCAT 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/09/2020 postreply 09:51:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”