全美热议 枪击案不断和家长有关?

来源: mypresident 2018-02-23 18:51:42 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (30189 bytes)

全美热议 枪击案不断和家长有关?

近日,一位名叫丽(Kelly Guthrie Raley)的美国初中女教师在脸书(Facebook)发的一个帖在网上走红,五天里获得88万个赞,转发量74万,留言超过21万条。在这个帖中雷丽老师认为,校园暴力事件增多,与学生缺乏同情心有关,而这一切的根源是家庭教育出了问题。

2月14日,美国佛罗里达州一所中学发生枪击案,一名曾在那里就读的学生开枪射杀至少17人。

美国控枪团体“每个城市支持枪支安全”的统计显示,这是2018年以来美国发生的第18起校园枪击案。同时,这也成为继2012年康涅狄格州纽敦市校园枪击案后,美国公立学校致死人数第二多的枪击案。

41岁的雷丽(Kelly Guthrie Raley)是佛罗里达一所初中六年级语文老师,上个月她刚刚被学校评为年度最佳教师。

在校园枪击案发生的第二天,雷丽在脸书上发了一个长帖。这位中学老师讲述了在20年教学的过程中,她发现学生们越来越缺乏同情心,校园暴力事件则在不断增多。为此,她不顾有可能遭到的批评和攻击,没有去谈论控枪,而是从一个教师的视角表达了自己的观点。

很多美国媒体转载了雷丽的长帖,也引发了人们的反思和热议。

雷丽表示,她并不担心遭到公众羞辱,因为她在呼唤家庭教育的加强,从而带来青少年良好的价值观和行为的回归。

雷丽说,在她的生活中,比教书育人更重要的只有她的信仰和家庭。她说是她的父亲,一位英雄老兵,和她的母亲 ,一位退休的老师,塑造她成为今天的自己。

下面是雷丽的长帖:

好吧, 我来当一次坏人, 说一些其他人想说而不敢说的话。我会接受任何人的批评和攻击,为什么?因为我是一名教师!(当老师)是我每天的日常,我也知道也许哪一天我的生命就会因为一次枪击事件而终结。

如果我们整个国家不愿意严肃地讨论精神健康问题、不讨论缺乏精神健康医疗资源的问题、不讨论家庭缺乏管教的问题,不讨论当学校试图控制学生的可怕行为时,却得不到家长的支持的问题(家长们会说:不!不是我的孩子的问题!一定是你们做了什么事情才让我的孩子有这样的反应的!),不讨论道德价值观的缺失,同时孩子们的生活中那些充满暴力的电子游戏,夺走了他们对生命的同情,还有,那些电视真人秀里人们总是互相大嚷大叫,不尊重他人,只顾及自己,在我们愿意严肃讨论上面这些问题之前,校园枪击案件还会继续发生,我们的孩子将不再了解死亡是永恒的!

我家里有枪,可以说我是从小和枪支一起长大。但你知道吗? 我父母从不放纵我的任何不好的行为,我很害怕在学校做了什么坏事, 因为父母不会饶过我,我觉得如果我不改正自己的错误,我简直就没法活了。

我的父母掌控着我的生活. 他们任何时候都知道我在哪里,他们给我规定晚上回家的时间,他们让我遵守家里的规矩,他们可以随时进入我的卧室,检查我的背包和口袋,检查我的任何东西!

家长们,是时候行动起来了,去做严厉的父母,做“令人讨厌”的妈妈。你要了解你的孩子在做什么,别再去做他们的朋友了,他们在学校有足够的朋友,你要做他们的家长!

试想,倘若你的孩子死于枪击或者在学校里杀人,那么做一个允许孩子在家里有自己的空间和隐私的“很酷”的妈妈还有什么意义呢?

我再说一遍,我家里有很多枪,我的父亲曾是第82空降师的士兵,为了我们的国家作战中他的半个脸几乎毁掉。但你知道吗? 我从没想过用他的枪去射击任何人,我甚至从没想过要动一支枪。

我被教导要尊重人的生命,做一个有同情心、守规则、正派的人。而且最重要的是,我知道, 一直到我长大从家里搬出去之前, 我的生活、我的卧室都不是我的,都是我的父母的。他们要了解我生活的方方面面,因为他们爱我,他们想让我成为最好的自己。

是的,有人会说我是一个可怕的人,因为我居然没有提起控枪,这里我拒绝跟任何人辩论这个问题。这个帖子不是关于控制枪支的,而是关于我在学校里的那些孩子们的。我知道上帝创造每个人都有他的美意,我希望孩子们都能拥有自己的未来。

我大约20年前开始教师生涯,那时没有这么多的暴力,人们没有像现在这样缺乏同情心。20年前我没有像今天这么害怕给家长打电话,因为现在我知道电话打过去,十个家长有九个会对我出言不逊,告诉我“去下地狱吧”。他们会扬言给媒体打电话揭发我、到学校董事会去告我的状,或者在脸书上到处发帖曝光我,就因为我打电话告诉他们,他们的孩子在学校的表现是什么样的,而在这些家长眼里他们孩子是正常的、没有问题的孩子!

佛罗里达校园枪击案中失去的17个宝贵的生命,要到什么时候我们才能认真承担自己的责任呢?

英文原文

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. 

My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! 

Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. 

I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! 

I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine...it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. 

It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school...because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/eltcDRk-LGZnq-yrf_7Puw

所有跟帖: 

"A pet lamb makes a cross ram." -威威老爷- 给 威威老爷 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2018 postreply 19:16:13

是美国文化问题。国际上谁挑战就发射导弹,谁敢说不就制裁。游戏不是暴力就是侵略,有些人也就用同样的方法解决问题了! -丛悦- 给 丛悦 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2018 postreply 19:34:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!