"管理" is empire-building

来源: One1618 2020-04-14 11:38:05 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1944 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ One1618 ] 在 2020-04-15 07:56:39 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 请教各位大神,怎么对付公司里的这种人hhcy2020-04-14 05:50:14

He saw more work coming down the pike.

He wants to be a 2nd-line manager.  By hiring Nattie, he removes himself from the daily grind, and Nattie proves to him that she is able to do the dirty work.  If she pushes over a couple of apple carts, so the better, time for reorg.

Complaining to your manager is not much of a help.  Managers are a clique.  As long as management meetings go smoothly, there is always some emplyee complaining, which can indicate the managers are good overseers (of the plantation kind.)

For your self, have an identity other than your job.  So when Nattie says something is wrong with your work, you would not take it as an assault on your dignity.  She may even insinuate toward that direction, but you wil not follow her there.

When someone says something to you, do not just stop at what she said.  Ask why she said it.  Then you give yourself more time to deal with it calmly.  She wants you to focus on what she said, and you prove her success by becoming upset by what she said. 

Next time reply to her: I'm OK with the change you asked.  You must have a reason for such change.  Would you mind letting me know your reasoning? So that I may learn a thing or two.

She wants you to take her seriously, and so far she has been very successful at it, because you offered resistance which provides her power.  When someone charges toward you, the better way is not to block her, but get out of her way.

Bonnie starts shaking at the sight of Nattie is because Bonnie's fight/flight trigger tells her to run, but her upper brain tells her she cannot.  Tell Bonnie to read this book "Snakes in Suits."  She may feel better afterwards.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks! -hhcy- 给 hhcy 发送悄悄话 (323 bytes) () 04/14/2020 postreply 13:34:19

If she is not your direct manager -One1618- 给 One1618 发送悄悄话 (1320 bytes) () 04/14/2020 postreply 14:36:26

You’re absolutely right that I can’t control her Behavior, -hhcy- 给 hhcy 发送悄悄话 (386 bytes) () 04/14/2020 postreply 19:22:20

She may be "ignorant," -One1618- 给 One1618 发送悄悄话 (1453 bytes) () 04/17/2020 postreply 13:09:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”