Univ of Louisville 物理系招聘教授:白人亚裔勿扰

来源: career 2016-10-20 21:55:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7386 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ career ] 在 2016-10-20 22:27:48 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
putongren
华夏仙侠

注册日: 03-03-25
发表数: 7253

Univ of Louisville 物理系招聘教授:白人亚裔勿扰

广告原文被删除。但是招聘这的目的不会变。实际上多数大学在那么做而不那么说。

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25531/

2016-10-19 23:18  
putongren
华夏仙侠

注册日: 03-03-25
发表数: 7253

Re: Univ of Luisvile 物理系招聘教授:白人亚裔勿扰

高科技公司也在搞这个名堂。

Is It Legal for Intel to Pledge to Reduce the Percentage of Asian-Americans and Indian-Americans Working For Them? (self.KotakuInAction)
submitted 1 year ago * by TheChiefLunaticChief of the Unnoticed
Intel has made a pledge to have their workforce represent their customer base in terms of gender and ethnicity. It's a laudable goal in the abstract. However, Intel already has a very large representation in terms of two minority groups: Asian-Americans and Indian-Americans. Since these are, I guess, not the right kind of minorities, they do not count in Intel's calculations.
I'm an Indian-American. I don't work for Intel or any other large tech company. But I have both Indian-American and Asian-American friends who've excelled in school and worked very hard to earn positions at large tech companies like Intel. Does their hard work mean anything?
Intel has effectively pledged to reduce the amount of Indian-Americans and Asian-Americans who work for them. Relatively speaking, Asians and Indians make up a smallish percentage of the American workforce. So my question is, if Intel carries through on their stated goal to remake their workforce's racial and ethnic demographics, doesn't this necessarily mean that the only two groups that will suffer under this new hiring policy are Americans of Asian and Indian descent? Whites still make up around 40 - 50 percent of the population so, I suppose, their jobs at Intel are safe. But not Indian and Asian-Americans. We will be, I guess, put on some kind of informal blacklist.
Is this legal for Intel to do? Are Indian and Asian-Americans supposed to just accept this and not say a word? What's the "right" percentage of Asian and Indian-Americans that Intel wants to employ? This is similar to the effective blacklisting of Asians and Indians at Ivy League schools. It isn't right. Shame on Intel.

所有跟帖: 

难以想象,希望加拿大不要尾随其后。这样下来,好多中国人都会回去的。美国真走下 -FoolMama- 给 FoolMama 发送悄悄话 (377 bytes) () 10/21/2016 postreply 21:04:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!