What matters should be your residence and your employer location

来源: PepperLake 2015-09-02 18:49:36 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2360 bytes)
回答: 我应该付那个州的州税.紫檀吧主2015-09-02 18:18:30

What matters should be your residence and your employer location. It seems that 新泽西州的中国人办的中介公司 is your employer instead of the company in MA.

1. If you reside in NJ and get paid by 新泽西州的中国人办的中介公司, your withholding should be with NJ rate.
  2. If you reside in MA and get paid by 新泽西州的中国人办的中介公司, you may be subject to withholding with rate of either state.

It seems that NJ company treats you as a MA resident. I am no PR expert, just my opinion.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

As a New Jersey employer, you are required to withhold New Jersey income tax from wages paid to all New Jersey residents unless you are withholding another jurisdiction's income tax at a rate equal to or greater than New Jersey's rate. You must also withhold New Jersey income tax for nonresident employees physically working in this State. Pennsylvania residents are the only out-of-state residents exempt from New Jersey withholdings. As a result of the Reciprocal Income Tax Agreement between New Jersey and Pennsylvania, compensation earned in New Jersey by a Pennsylvania resident is not subject to New Jersey Gross Income Tax. If you employ a Pennsylvania resident in New Jersey, that employee should complete an Employee's Certificate of Non-residence in New Jersey (Form NJ-165) and file it with you. Once an employee has provided you with a completed Certificate of Non-residence you must stop withholding New Jersey income tax.

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/njit30.shtml

http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/tax-guides/withholding-tax-guide.html

所有跟帖: 

还是不太明白 -紫檀吧主- 给 紫檀吧主 发送悄悄话 紫檀吧主 的博客首页 (321 bytes) () 09/02/2015 postreply 19:03:35

check the below link -PepperLake- 给 PepperLake 发送悄悄话 (415 bytes) () 09/02/2015 postreply 19:20:24

but the company take the MA TAX from my income. -紫檀吧主- 给 紫檀吧主 发送悄悄话 紫檀吧主 的博客首页 (162 bytes) () 09/02/2015 postreply 19:36:45

Request them to withhold at NJ rate unless they have office in M -PepperLake- 给 PepperLake 发送悄悄话 (157 bytes) () 09/15/2015 postreply 15:53:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!