来源: springgarden 2014-08-24 11:38:49 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3341 bytes)
回答: a question for "springgarden"Smart2014-08-24 09:36:42
Hi Smart
I had this job interview last Friday.
I am very curious about the result too.
If I won't get any news from them the next two weeks, that means I failed the interview, which is what I expected and planned to happen.
I will keep you posted on for this.
another thing I forgot to share is: it is not the position itself that I am not interested, more exactly, there were several other factors making me feel bad about this position:
1/ the location
2/ it is a small bank
3/ the first impression about this interviewer

The worst boss I had experienced is a woman with the same traits. She just promoted up to accounting manager position, and she is overwhelmed by her new role. The way she handled the pressure was not to communicate more effectively with others and to try to get more supports from her subordinates, but to keep everything to herself without sharing her concerns while keep all of the blames to her subordinates (HR people said to me at an occasion about this issue one day that she felt the this woman boss was not confident, neither she was feeling secure and that was why she did not like to share but always block the information as much as she can. It was a very tough situation for everyone around her.
The guy who interviewed me gave me the same feel.
He is relatively young on the position as controller who is the top manager at this newly created branch. He must be stressed out most of time (and that is understandable). He gave me an impression that he was that type of person: being living in his own world and does not have the ability to think from different aspects (or put himself in others shoes). For example, he did not introduce himself at all during the interview. Is that weird? He must think I was supposed to know him (his title) because the job descriptions provided the candidates with the information. But he should have expected that probably some people forgot that they ever applied to this job. When he was spelling the address of the office, he spoke so fast that he probably assumes that I was supposed to know that area well. He made me feel that he is very self-centered person (as a boss, that is just horrible!). He maybe does not mean that, but that does not matter. A self-centered person is very hard to deal with. As a boss, he will give few information or instruction when he gives you a job to do because he assumes that you are supposed to know it. The woman boss I talked about above confused everyone because of this working style.

Due to all of the above reason, I made decision to not to try to get this job offer.

Job is not hard but people make the job hard.
I list “people” on the top of the factors when considering working somewhere. This is the principle for any job I apply for. People do not suffer from the work, but from an unprofessional boss most of time. No matter how well the job pays, or the position title is, as long as the boss is unprofessional and confusing, I do not choose to work for him or her.

Sorry for answering in English. Forgive me for any mistake in the reply. It is just faster than typing in Chinese.
Thank you for your interest.

所有跟帖: 

correction: it is not the position itself that I am not interest -springgarden- 给 springgarden 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 11:40:02

Thank you for agreeing to provide -Smart- 给 Smart 发送悄悄话 (99 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 11:48:54

Actually, when we have time, -springgarden- 给 springgarden 发送悄悄话 (108 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 11:54:31

+1: thanks for sharing!!!! -onewaytrip- 给 onewaytrip 发送悄悄话 (132 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 13:14:55

真的是切身感受:) You are welcome! Thank you for reading! -springgarden- 给 springgarden 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 15:19:00

well said -tgmomtobe- 给 tgmomtobe 发送悄悄话 (376 bytes) () 08/24/2014 postreply 17:33:51

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”